Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Child Protective Services...

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:55 AM
  • 24 Replies

so yesterday i met with CPS and they said that i have 4 compalints against me right now. suposivly i dont feed my daughter enough, let her eat out of the cat box, let her dad abuse the both of us, do drugs, dont take care of her, do not have a safe living envirnment for her, and lots more. sad part is none of this is true, yes my daughters under weight but she eats all the time, and is constinly on the go. CPS is coming into my home and they said if they do not feel it is a good place for her to live they are taking her and placing her else wheres. i do not know what to do yet alone what to do to prepare for them coming to my house. i do not know what i would do with out my daughter at home with mommy and dadd y where she belongs. :( I love my baby girl and would do anything for her. plz help me and give lots of advise on this situatio, much appreciated.

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Make sure your house is clean and she has a clean sleeping area have plenty of food and just prove them wrong:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AddysMomma2011
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM

well my daughter is sleeping in our room right now, if i put her pack n play up do you think they will but it?

marchantmom06
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Why doesn't she have a crib and a bedroom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puertoricangeek
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Put her Pack n Play up, fill the house with food and have food ready for her to eat at all times. they should see her eating something when you get there.

AddysMomma2011
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM

she does but we are waiting for the maitnes guy to come over and fix the heater in her room cause it is not working properly. so she has been in our room for protection from the cold...

AnnaNonamus
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure the house is clean, child proofed, medications put away out of reach, the cat box should be clean, and not within her reach as well. Without a warrant, they can't do more than a surface glance- meaning they can look I'm plain site, but not open anything unless you tell them they can. 

If your child co-sleeps, put the pack n play up.  They won't care that she doesn't have a crib, as long as she has a spot they feel is safe to sleep in. 

If you can, get something from her PED that states you are doing everything you can to bring p her weight, and that she is not malnourished. 

AddysMomma2011
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM

what if shes not hungry? cause the time that they are coming over is usually her nap time...so idk what to do about that. like if i keep her up then it is depriving my daughter, know what i mean

AnnaNonamus
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Explain that, but if you can, get maintenance out there immediately. Tell them that your infant has no heat in her room. You will likely need to show proof that it got fixed if it is not fixed when they show up. 

Quoting AddysMomma2011:

she does but we are waiting for the maitnes guy to come over and fix the heater in her room cause it is not working properly. so she has been in our room for protection from the cold...

jakesmom323
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
If you have to ask, then there is a problem. I would care less if CPS showed up at my house because I have nothing to "prepare for" or clean. When CPS shows up and threatening to take your child away, it's at a point to where their services is needed. I hope this is not the case for you and it's all a big misunderstanding:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Just prove them wrong. Get her medical records together stating that she is healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)