Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Weed on school grounds really? *update x2

Posted by   + Show Post
My 17yo dd was suspended from school. She told me they randomly check her and her friends at lunch while they were all talking and found a pipe and weed on one of the other kids so they all got suspended. Well according to the school official that called me. They were all standing in a circle passing the pipe on school grounds. Wtf on school grounds? Well I am totally outgrageously not happy about the smoking weed which I already knew about and have told her over and over not before or after school. Well now she is in drug & alcohol classes which I hope deture her away from it. She has been grounded durring her suspension working on all her missing assignments. What else can I do?

*guess I stated this wrong as Mommies are getting the wrong impression. No I do not allow her to do it. Yes I have gone over the side effects this has. I did find it in her room (under matress) and made her watch me put it down the garbage disposal. I check her room & backpack on a regular basis. I am afraid of complete control of forcing her every move on it that she will rebel.

* I called today and registered her in Youth 'n' action. I told her which day she would be going she told me she is not going. I said if I have to take you on the bus with me you are going. She said well I am bigger then you and you will have to take me physically by forceable action.

* I also called at risk youth. It told me to leave a message so I did.

* ok we have decided together to send her back to Arizona for the rest of her Junior year and the summer with my grandmother. She will attend school online. Then she will return back to me and continue her senior year online.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
TinasTribe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Now if she had touched one of my children she wouldn't have a social life. She would be home, or with me at all times. And she has to know you mean it. She not just putting herself at risk for jail and other things but she is involving a small child. I treat her like the age she is behaving and explain it to her that way. Weed is not her problem... this goes far beyond weed. She would also be in anger management classes.
AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I updated above. There is only behavior health classes for children durring the summer. (as far as I have been told) I will look further into that. I registered her in Youth n Action today. She is refusing to go says I will have to take her by forcable action to get her to go. She doesn't have a social llife at this point except at school. I am also switching her schools too. I called at risk youth it said to leave a message so I did.

Quoting TinasTribe:

Now if she had touched one of my children she wouldn't have a social life. She would be home, or with me at all times. And she has to know you mean it. She not just putting herself at risk for jail and other things but she is involving a small child. I treat her like the age she is behaving and explain it to her that way. Weed is not her problem... this goes far beyond weed. She would also be in anger management classes.
AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I updated above. There is only behavior health classes for children durring the summer. (as far as I have been told) I will look further into that. I registered her in Youth n Action today. She is refusing to go says I will have to take her by forcable action to get her to go. She doesn't have a social llife at this point except at school. I am also switching her schools too. I called at risk youth it said to leave a message so I did.

Quoting TinasTribe:

TinasTribe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Could you homeschool her? Or even Cyber school? Maybe spending more one on one time with her and learning her needs and interest might make her feel more confident. Normally people act out in anger because of fear or loneliness. Creating a better mom/daughter relationship may save her from herself. 

AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Yes I am actually conciering that. We will be moving soon and I told her that I am removing her from that school. She asked what school and I said maybe online I haven't decided yet. It is a big concideration. My only thing is I can't get internet in my name. I only have my phone right now.

Quoting TinasTribe:

Could you homeschool her? Or even Cyber school? Maybe spending more one on one time with her and learning her needs and interest might make her feel more confident. Normally people act out in anger because of fear or loneliness. Creating a better mom/daughter relationship may save her from herself. 

CoeyG
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM

So what are the side effects of smoking pot anyway?  Since all I can think of is the munchies...

emmy526
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM

i think it varies from one person to another...i know several people who smoked pot before college classes, because it helped them concentrate better, and they retained info they learned better.  For some people, it slows their brain down enough to let them think, without causing mental anxiety.   Others, smoking before class caused them to space out and not pay attention, to where they missed assignments they needed to do.   I know smoking helps my dh's anxiety better than any 'script he's tried--i know, i live with him and see the effects first hand of any new pharma drug they want to try him on.  And the effects of the pharma drugs he's tried, ARE NOT PRETTY...I'd take him smoking pot any day over those horriffic pills they give out.  

Quoting CoeyG:

So what are the side effects of smoking pot anyway?  Since all I can think of is the munchies...

TinasTribe
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

So you know most of your online schools give you a check for your internet service and they give you a computer. 

AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM
It also delays the brain 10 seconds and kills short term memory.

Quoting CoeyG:

AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Like where? I am in Washington. Doyou know of any here? I had one dd in wava.org but they do not give compputer or help with internet here.

Quoting TinasTribe:

So you know most of your online schools give you a check for your internet service and they give you a computer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)