Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

kindergarten bedtime and toddler tantrums

Posted by   + Show Post

i dont have an actual bed time. im a night owl and stay up until 4 or 5 am and i put my son to bed at 10 or 10:30. but idk if thats too late for a kindergardener or not...? i really want to get my sleep pattern back but my 17 month old daughter refuses to sleep earlier than 3:30 am. and im really bad at trying to juggle everything :( so i could use some advice on that.

also my daughter throws these fits where she throws herself back or is dead weight or hits her head on things. ive talked to her doctor about it and she says its normal because she is just expressing herself and is in the "terrible 2s" but even if its normal i want them to stop. she throws things and pushes them away if she doesnt want them and i didnt have this problem with my son. any advise?

thirdly i really want to lose weight but i feel like i never have time so i dont bother getting memberships. i have a tredmill at home but never have time to use it. i need to figure out how to make time and lose weight and eat healthy...just kinda get my life together and i could really use some advise. also does anyone know of a good diet pill or supplement. i tried lipozene and it sucked i also tried hcg drops and they made me so sick...

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Replies (11-15):
summer62011
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

well i will definately change his bedtime and try to develop better night time routines. i am on ambien for my own sleep problems but it makes me halucinate and then makes me groggy when im up. my daughter sleeps until 2pm so shes sleeping just backwards. im usually up at 1. i dont work but my hubby does and he gets off anywhere from 10-12pm/am so that is a factor in trying to balance everything. he is looking into a first shift job so we r just praying he finds something. i will be starting cosmetology in May and my classes will b from 3:30-9:30pm which will be difficult unless we can find a first shift for daddy. its all just one thing depends on another. but thank you all ladies im open to criticisim (even if sometimes i dont like it i know everyone means well). being young sometimes i need other moms to talk to about this stuff so thank u and i will do my best to make things fall into place :)

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM

How is your kindergartener sleeping until 2pm? When is she/he in school? My kindergartener is in bed at 7pm and wakes up for school at 6:30am.

My husband has always worked odd shifts so I understand that may throw things off a little but a proper sleeping routine is important for your kids!

carinsmommy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I had similar issues when my daughter started school this year. With her we made bed time 8pm. We put on PJ's, read a story, and then lay down. I tell her she doesn't have to sleep but she does have to stay in bed. This routine is for both of my girls, but my 3 (3 at the time) was tougher. With her I had to stop her from sleeping late, and no napping after 12 in the afternoon.
When we get our oldest up for school, the baby gets up too. Even if she was up until 3am the night before.
You need to establish a bed time routine that works for your children, and enforce it. Every day, even weekends and holidays. And enforce wake up time!! If they sleep all day they won't sleep at night.
I go to school full time on line, and this allows me to do my school work at night after they have gone to sleep.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM

then i suggest you talk to your dr about a different medication for sleep...it really sounds like that one is not the right one for you if it makes you feel like that.  and you should start getting your daughter up sooner than 2pm...start waking her up earlier each day and putting her to bed earlier each day until the routine change is set in...it may take a month or more...

Quoting summer62011:

well i will definately change his bedtime and try to develop better night time routines. i am on ambien for my own sleep problems but it makes me halucinate and then makes me groggy when im up. my daughter sleeps until 2pm so shes sleeping just backwards. im usually up at 1. i dont work but my hubby does and he gets off anywhere from 10-12pm/am so that is a factor in trying to balance everything. he is looking into a first shift job so we r just praying he finds something. i will be starting cosmetology in May and my classes will b from 3:30-9:30pm which will be difficult unless we can find a first shift for daddy. its all just one thing depends on another. but thank you all ladies im open to criticisim (even if sometimes i dont like it i know everyone means well). being young sometimes i need other moms to talk to about this stuff so thank u and i will do my best to make things fall into place :)

doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

If your Kindergartner needs to be at school by 8 am then a 7 pm  bedtime is a good start.        Aim for at least 12 straight hours of sleep and adjust from there.

Helping your daughter express herself and you being patient is really important.

You can take the kids on long walks to the park.      DD in stroller and DS on a bike, for example.       Get out with them if you can.

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN