Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Babies/toddlers with constipation , hard stools??????

Posted by   + Show Post

I was gone from my 14 month old over the weekend. She had a big bowel movement and not another until yesturday. And it was hard and wouldnt come out. I had to give her a suppository and then it happened again today and I had to dig it out with a spoon. She is still breastfed and eats most table foods. The only think that was changed while I was away was she may have had more cows milk than normal. She gets some here and there at home. But my MIL gave her more than what she is use to. Called the Dr and they said increase fluids (pear juice) for a couple days and see if she gets better. Anybody else deal with this?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (11-12):
ashli488
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM

My daughter just got over something like this although she didnt poop for 4 days only little tiny pebbles. her dr said to cut down on dairy products and give a little but of miralax. i also had her at the er before i took her to the dr because she started screaming that her belly hurt and they gave me magnesium citrate for her and a suppository. and yes a rectal thermometer helps too.

heathermarie23
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM

My son had that, I give him lactose free, soy, or almond milk and he's been fine every since...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)