Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
What are your favorite sides to make?? Any non traditional ones out there?? Im tired of the same ol..
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Mixed veggies
cranberry sauce
Corn on cob
Pumpkin pie
Biscuits

Stuffing
I wana make and just flat out do something different this year and say BE THANKFUL MOMMA IS CREATIVE DARING AND CAN COOK lol we have a Turkey and a Ham from the tribe because bf is a tribal employee thank goodness they give these out to us every year!! SHOOT away ladies ideas ideas please thank you !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM

pssssssssstttttt  sometimes we use velveeta or the liquid orange cheese instead of shredded cheese LOL  Also a cheddar soup would work.   The cheese part is fun to experiment with.

rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Omg i live cheese!! Just not velveta lol i saw the movie Julie And Julia she made thing thing called Floating Island Looked soo yummy cheesy i gotta find juia childs recipe!

Quoting frndlyfn:

pssssssssstttttt  sometimes we use velveeta or the liquid orange cheese instead of shredded cheese LOL  Also a cheddar soup would work.   The cheese part is fun to experiment with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

If you find it please pass along to me.  I shouldnt eat cheese but love it too much.  Our local store has goat cheese cheddar sticks OMGGGGGG i could eat 5 a day if i let myself LOL.  I have been able to learn more about cheese in the past ten years than in the 30 plus years i have been alive.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Omg i live cheese!! Just not velveta lol i saw the movie Julie And Julia she made thing thing called Floating Island Looked soo yummy cheesy i gotta find juia childs recipe!

Quoting frndlyfn:

rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Lol i head over to bread and cheese parts of costco for sample days hee omg yum!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

If you find it please pass along to me.  I shouldnt eat cheese but love it too much.  Our local store has goat cheese cheddar sticks OMGGGGGG i could eat 5 a day if i let myself LOL.  I have been able to learn more about cheese in the past ten years than in the 30 plus years i have been alive.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KYblondegirl
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

The broc/cheese casserole I make is much easier than the one quoted.  But, I've been making it for so long, I sort of just "eyeball" the ingredient measures.

Use frozen broccoli.  Cook until done. Drain, put in casserole dish.  Pour condensed cream of mushroom soup over it.  Use enough to coat it.  Add cut up velveeta cheese.  Place the cheese evenly throughout the casserole.  Salt and Pepper to taste.  Cook at 350 untiil it's bubbly and all cheese is melted.  Remove from over.  Crush Townhouse crackers over it to make a top crust.  Pour a little melted butter over it to brown it in the over.  Put back into the oven and cook until the tops are toasty.

It's incredibly simple, but really good.

When I made the squash casserole, I did it to have something "different", but I'm telling you---it is delish!!

I also make a corn casserole--but it can't be made ahead of time so I only make it when I have extra time, which is rare.

KYblondegirl
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Whoops...just saw you don't like velveeta! LOL

rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Lol No its cool i always improvise when to comes to foods !! I definitely love short cuts and easy bake recipes. Cheaper too ! Wink wink ima bargain shopper :) bang for my buck

Quoting KYblondegirl:

Whoops...just saw you don't like velveeta! LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I do mashed potatoes with pepper jack cheese mixed in and stick it in the oven for a few minutes to get a crispy top. Oh, and I leave the skin on the potatoes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Oh dang pepper jack my fave!! I make a spicy cheddar ketchup burger for super bowl sundays ONLY lol bf looks foward to it i use pepper jack cheese :)

Quoting huntersmama711:

I do mashed potatoes with pepper jack cheese mixed in and stick it in the oven for a few minutes to get a crispy top. Oh, and I leave the skin on the potatoes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Pumpkim cheesecake, Candied carrots, bacon green beans, Apple crumble, cornbread,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN