Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your favorite sides to make?? Any non traditional ones out there?? Im tired of the same ol..
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Mixed veggies
cranberry sauce
Corn on cob
Pumpkin pie
Biscuits

Stuffing
I wana make and just flat out do something different this year and say BE THANKFUL MOMMA IS CREATIVE DARING AND CAN COOK lol we have a Turkey and a Ham from the tribe because bf is a tribal employee thank goodness they give these out to us every year!! SHOOT away ladies ideas ideas please thank you !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Replies (51-60):
sav820
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM

yummmy. I love jalapenos' as does my DH,   love the sound of the Jalapeno orange cranberry dish, do you share recipes LOL All of yurs sound grand...  making me hungry now!

LoveVenus
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Candied Yams and marshmellows or baked mac and cheese from scratch not boxed...Tuna mac salad omg so much i have to do this year for thanks giving

rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Lol my burgers ive been sworn to secrecy beause bf like to see his frends get jealus of what he gets to eat lol my mashed tatoes im sure plenty peiple do also. I use russet potatoes boil with skin let cool peel mash with 1%milk or whatever milk you drink i add lowfat sour cream and just a little cheddar cheese sharp is my fave add butter salt and pepper to taste omg soo yum!! My kids tear it up with gravy. If it gets too thin i use the instant potatoes to thickin it to where i like it

Quoting sav820:

yummmy. I love jalapenos' as does my DH,   love the sound of the Jalapeno orange cranberry dish, do you share recipes LOL All of yurs sound grand...  making me hungry now!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Me too im making some stuff day before so i have less to do on day of and focus on turkey n ham :)

Quoting LoveVenus:

Candied Yams and marshmellows or baked mac and cheese from scratch not boxed...Tuna mac salad omg so much i have to do this year for thanks giving

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM

sauerkraut

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:31 AM

We do roasted root veggies, wild rice and sausage dressing, homemade cranberry sauce, salad, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, and sweet potatoes. 

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Stuffed jalepenos

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/

deadlights86
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM
My mil cooks green beans with onions bacon and garlic. Yummm!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM
My mom makes pink stuff (yes it is literally the name.) its a jello, marshmallow, pineapple, walnut, coconut, cream cheese concoction. I made it for my in laws and work and it became my mandatory side dish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

It is a kind of ancient grain, used for over 5000 years!  Very tasty!

Quoting rockabillybetty:

What's a quinoa?? Interesting!!

Quoting mmccrea:

I love roasted brussel sprout salad w/pecans and lots of butter when roasting.  Easier than mashed potatoes:  slice them like an accordian, drizzle butter and herbs over the top, bake.  How about quinoa?  I hate most thanksgiving food.  I would rather have green bean salad with oil, garlic and bacon or proscuitto.mmmmm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured