Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

ghost? maybe grandma?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok so im going to start from the beginning.

we moved into my husbands grandmas house after she passed away (and she didnt pass at home) my daughter is 4 years old and she never knew grandma. she was about 1 year when she passed away.

My daughter has a Neenee, and a meemaw.
the only GRANDMA i know was my husbands grandma and thats what they all called her.

so my daughter recently started talking about how grandma does this, and grandma does that, and I always thought she was playing pretend...like house with mom dad, dog, grandma etc.

she woke up one morning and sits straight up in the bed and smiles and says...momma, this is grandmas house. and she loves us so much. and then i asked her where does her grandma sleep? does she sleep with you? and she said oh no momma, grandma sleeps in your room. but she loves you very much. my husband and I sleep in what was grandmas bed room.

the other night, she kept looking down the hall and I said what are you looking at? and she says that lady! and I said what lady!? and she says Grandma, shes in my room. but shes very nice.

little strange? maybe. I think it could possibly be her great grandma!!

Truly Grateful , For each and every day!!!

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
athompson2189
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

oh and on her im thankful for turkey from class...she says....

I am thankful for:

Mom
DAD
bear (her dog)
and grandma. 

hmmmmm.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Wow, I think that is neat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
athompson2189
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM

it is neat, but at the same time its kinda sad. I want so bad to show her a pic of grandma, but if she knows her in the pic it will kinda make me scared lol and I dont know why,.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM
I would show the pic if she keeps talking about her. I think you know the answer without the confirmation. I would not be scared.

Quoting athompson2189:

it is neat, but at the same time its kinda sad. I want so bad to show her a pic of grandma, but if she knows her in the pic it will kinda make me scared lol and I dont know why,.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meloney413
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Embrace it ... Someones always looking out for your daughter !  My daughter sees things also including her Nana .. My grandmother had 2 dogs that were her world who were poisoned by a neighbor & my daughter tells mes tht her nana is playing with her dogs & is with her sister ( my daughter didnt know she had a sister & dogs died way before she was born) My son has seen her too.. he was 5 months when she passed & i catch him talking to ..something.. & when i ask who hes taking to he says "Nana" hes never said that word before... So i feel blessed to know my children are being watched over

My 18 month old son should have been to the E.R over a dozen times now for the stunts he pulls but always comes out with nothing * .

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM

That's actually kinda sweet.  I went through something similar when I was younger but with my grandfather, who passed away a year before I was even born.  I never felt threatened and always felt like someone was looking out for me in the house and stuff but never scared.  My parents were well aware of it and were not concerned so long as I didn't feel threatened.  Years later, as we were going through old pictures, there he was and I was told it was my grandfather!

I wouldn't be scared if I were you, but rather comforted.  You can go ahead and show her a picture so that she can make a true connection and maybe even talk about her to your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)