Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

17 year old sister Interfering while I was disciplining my daughter

Posted by   + Show Post

I am currently livid with my 17 yr old sister. I am at the lake w my family for the weekend with my 4 year old daughter and she has been being a pistol all day and when I discipline I do not spank hit or verbally abuse my daughter. My daughter got upset bc I said it was time for a nap and no we weren't gunna make a tent so she says I'm gunna go sleep n there ( the other room with my sister) and I said no bryleigh you are not, I normally wouldn't care but she had not been listening all day. So she starts on her tantrum and screams at me I'm quiet letting her calm down and my sister comes in picks her up and starts for the other room. I said don't bring her in there she's in trouble and I told her no. My sister looks at me and says your not my mother and I don't care if she sleeps w me... Um I snap and say give me my daughter and she walks out with her so I follow and try to get her to let her go. And my sister starts screaming saying your scaring your daughter. And proceed to walk out of our cabin, with my child. Not wanting to cause any more problems with my daughter being in the middle I let them leave.  I honestly don't know what to do, this is absolutely unacceptable I am going to talk to our father but I know he won't do anything about my sisters complete lack of respect for me. 

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
dabahmmom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:30 AM
She is setting an example for your daughter. I would not allow her around me or my daughter until she learned some respect, otherwise you are looking at how your daughter will be treating you in a few years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MalihaKhan
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I would not have let her walk out with my kid. Shes obviously a brat and she will turn your daughter into a clone of herself! I dont like drama either but under the history, it was important for you to do whatever it took to make it clear to your child and to your sister that Mom is the final say. Options now for you - one, talk to your daughter calmly and tell her that no one is to be obeyed if that contradicts your instructions. And be firm about it. Two: Talk to your sis and ask her to back off and if she ever does that again she is never going to see your daughter again just as she has never seen her own mother.

Aishamusty
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM

U over reacted u should have just allowed them leave afterwards you can talk it over with your sister

C.S.K.L
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Your worried about drama!! She grabbed YOUR child told you what do do and the walked off with her!!! You need to whoop her her spoiled ass, she don't know what respect is, you better teach her some. I'd be damned if my 19 yo sis did that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

you could have had her arrested for kidnapping. 

carinsmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

You need to draw your line. This is your child not hers. Period. It underminds your authority as a parent when you let other people interfear. My sister did this once and I flat told her to but the hell out. I took my child back and told her in no uncertain terms that next time I woud whoop her butt. I had let her get away with things like this a few too many times, when I finally drew my line. This is your child not hers. There is no way in hell I would have let her walk out of the room let alone the house with my child.

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Quoting carinsmommy:

You need to draw your line. This is your child not hers. Period. It underminds your authority as a parent when you let other people interfear. My sister did this once and I flat told her to but the hell out. I took my child back and told her in no uncertain terms that next time I woud whoop her butt. I had let her get away with things like this a few too many times, when I finally drew my line. This is your child not hers. There is no way in hell I would have let her walk out of the room let alone the house with my child.

Agree

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Ann Landers once said..." No one can take advantage of you but that you let them".

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Quoting ihave1:

Yeah taking her into another room in the house is kidnapping...LMAO get real

ihave1
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM

What is your problem lady?   You have real issues you should go deal w/ them instead of being on cafemom all the time.  Also she took that kid out of the cabin (NOT in another room) with out the mothers say so, that is kidnapping. 

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting ihave1:

Yeah taking her into another room in the house is kidnapping...LMAO get real

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)