Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he doesn't want to be alone with our kids...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 39 Replies

We have a 3year old daughter and 2month old son and he refuses to be alone with them for more than 20min.

hes gotten to go out with his friends by himself which im extremely jealous of because every time I try to go anywhere by myself he doesn't let me :( I either have to take one of the kids usually both or the whole family goes!!

I'll ask kindly or say its ok baabe I can go shopping by myself you can stay home and he always says no I'll  go.

One time I asked if he wanted to go to the store with the kids and I or stay home his response was "if I stay home is mason staying with me?" masons our son I said yes so he said he wss coming.

I just want alone time/me time :(:(:(

How do I get that through to him???!  

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobJar
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM
4 moms liked this
Just tell him your going, alone. Then. Go. Your an adult, use your adult reasoning skills.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell him that he had no problem in helping to create his children he doesn't get to have a problem when it comes to watching them and then leave to do what you want to do without your children. 

A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Just get in your car and leave.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Just leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hippiechik3
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:05 AM

He might be scared. Maybe he isnt sure of him self an his abilty to take care of them. Talk to him about it and be honest. Make sure he understands that you need sometime to your self.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM
4 moms liked this
This. Get to the bottom of the problem instead of creating more

Quoting hippiechik3:

He might be scared. Maybe he isnt sure of him self an his abilty to take care of them. Talk to him about it and be honest. Make sure he understands that you need sometime to your self.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reizenskitty
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

my husband was the same way with our son,not so much anymore because hes older now,but i had talked with my husband about it and i found out he never wanted to be alone with our son because he was unsure of his capability of taking care of him.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this

He needs to learn that he's capable of taking care of his kids without you, I would just tell him you're going, and go! And then I would give him lots of praise and sex when you get home,so he wants to help you in the future.

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Mine never really had a choice in the matter I just told him I was leaving. It was rare that he was home by himself when our son was younger because he was at work or asleep during the day. When our daughter came I did give him a lil while adjust to two kids but he did he fine after a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that this is a possibility, but the only way he's going to get more confident with caring for the kids is by actually DOING it. OP should make sure he gets to ask any questions he might have, make sure he knows where the snacks, first aid kit, etc. are, and then tell him to have fun and leave for at least a couple of hours. He can call on her cell if there's an emergency, but he should know that she's not coming home for a while and he's got to take care of the kids the best he can.

Quoting hippiechik3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured