Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My kids have to put their noses on the wall while standing with their hands behind their backs.

What works great for you?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
4_little_angels
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM
We have a 15 month old dd who likes to hit and give attitude when she gets told no. We just put her in the playpen with no toys for a little bit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM
My almost three year old gets sent to her room cause timeouts stopped working she would just sit there and play cause she could still hear and see me, by removing her from the main
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
My almost three year old gets sent to her room cause timeouts stopped working she would just sit there and play cause she could still hear and see me. she hates being removed from the main part of the house and the room I'm in so she behaves after that. My 14 mth old gets sat down om the couch for one minute she hates it!! She is slightly better after. Lol.
Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM
There is generally no need for punishment or discipline in our home. We have open communication that involves love and respect for all members of our family.
-42-
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Depends on what they've gotten in trouble for.....if they can't get along, they get to wear the 'get along' shirt.

Then there's time outs and losing privileges. Writing letters of apology. All kinds of fun things!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeathGoddess
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

punishment equals the crime here, we have to be creative to get through to my son, so for instance, he runs on the stairs-he has to go all the way up and down 5 times...stomping feet-go stomp in front of the house for 3 minutes...slam a door-open and close door 25 times......sounds silly, but it works!

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

My daughter does well with positive reinforcement. But when she does something that is too terrible for any type of subtle correction, time out on the bench in our entry way works best. 

ihave1
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM

nothing.  =(  times sort of do.  sigh

CoeyG
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:06 PM

It would depend upon her age and what the infraction was.  When she was in Girl Scouts and we were planning a trip to a water/amusement park she decided to act up in public.  I was Assistant Troop Leader and the day of the event she stayed home and I went with the Troop to the park.  Had a great time, brought home lots of souveniers..for ME and nothing for her.  I used privleges and rewards.  Worked great during her teen years.

signingmama2915
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Sometimes we do that with my older boy, but mostly he has to.sit on his bed quiet and not do.anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN