Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hello from a newbie

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

Not new to being a mom though. I have 3 kids ages 13,8 and 6. I am feeling so alone and isolated living in a tiny town I never intended on living in. It's temporary but I really hate it here. I'm miserable and feeling depressed. I don't know a sole here. There is nothing to get out and do here. Younger kids are ok in school but really not making any real take home kinda friends. My 13 year old daughter is having a tough time relating to the new environment and trying to make new friends and thats a tough one because i feel guilty anout it. The school is not what I'm used to. Not a lot of social interactions and parent involvement but I also feel like what's the point because we do not intend on staying her any longer than we have to. I feel like I'm in a place in life that I should be settled and happy but we had to uproot and move due to finances and my hubby losing his job. We are recovering financially but it's been a long hard road. I really hated uprooting my happy kids and moving them at a time when they were really excelling and doing well. I loved my home and lived the city we lived in. I want to go back.  So I guess I'm asking for advice from anyone with a similar experience. Feeling isolated and Alone and very unhappy in a town I never wanted to live in. 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hello and welcome.

I moved around a lot as a child and as an adult before I finally settled down, so I understand how you are feeling.

My best advice is this, you have to let the life you led in your former town go. I know that is easier said than done, but in order to be happy now, you have to let go of the past. Im sure the place you lived in before was wonderful, but you will never truly give your new town and people a chance if you are still clinging to the old.

Look on line at your chamber of commerce site or even a local tourist website. Get out and really explore your new town as a family. Give it a chance. Once you are really receptive to the idea, I think you may be surprised and find something that you like about being there. It will all fall into place.

As far as the kids go, they are resiliant. They will make friends, sometimes it just takes a little time.

Good luck

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I agree with all of this.

Quoting Reina13:

Hello and welcome.

I moved around a lot as a child and as an adult before I finally settled down, so I understand how you are feeling.

My best advice is this, you have to let the life you led in your former town go. I know that is easier said than done, but in order to be happy now, you have to let go of the past. Im sure the place you lived in before was wonderful, but you will never truly give your new town and people a chance if you are still clinging to the old.

Look on line at your chamber of commerce site or even a local tourist website. Get out and really explore your new town as a family. Give it a chance. Once you are really receptive to the idea, I think you may be surprised and find something that you like about being there. It will all fall into place.

As far as the kids go, they are resiliant. They will make friends, sometimes it just takes a little time.

Good luck

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry you had to uproot and that you're struggling. I hope you can find a way to move forward and that start looking up again for you and your family.

hugs

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Welcome!  How long have you been/do you plan to live in this new town?

Even though you don't plan on staying for too long, I'm sure your kiddos would love to have you helping out at their schools and that your 13 year old would enjoy some extra one-on-one time when she can get it.

(((hug)))

robyann
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

You'll go through many different "seasons" in your life. You need to find something positive in this experience. Draw closer to your kids and spend time with them. Let them know that you understand things are different there for them, but that you love them very much and are always willing to listen. Time goes much faster than you can realize, and soon you'll be onto the next experience, and hopefully you can look back at this time and get something positive from it, like how you and the kids got closer. GL

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN