Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

help me with my kittens eyes =( please

Posted by   + Show Post
I just got 2 nnew lil kittens ..... their eyes were crusted up and the person I got them from said it was cause the mother wasn't cleanin them .... I've been cleanin their eyes couple times a day ... I looked it up on my phone (limited internet) and read somethin bout apple cider vinegar .... so I did what the posts were sayin to do ... needless to say they can open their eyes now but they still look sooooo awful =( its sad and I don't have the money to take them to a vet ..... does any1 have any advise for me?? Please help my kittens its just sooooooo sad I wanna b a good momma to them and fix their eyes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Had3girls
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Human sinus meds ??? Like liquid or crushed up pill?? Yes I know only 25% of human dose .... the apple cider vinegar has done wonders they look SOOOOO much better than they did a wk ago

Quoting rissamom224:

Its is a sinus infection!

My kitten had the same thing, look for disinfectant eye drops you can also give them human sinus meds but only give them a half 25% of what you'd take.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Ill try the baking soda ... but honest the apple cider vinegar has done wonders for them

Quoting juicebox.:

Don't use applecider vinegar.  To clean their eyes, dilute some baking soda in water, very mild and blot their eyes.  It most likely a sign of upper respiratory problems, I'd call a vet, you may need antibiotics.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM

ALSO an adult would know better than to keep those kittens suffering.  An adult would known what is past their limitation and do whats right for the animals.  An adult would know just because they are a step up from where they came doesn't mean its good, healthy or even safe  for them to be there.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

There is no need to name call. Lets be adults here.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I offered to help that cat's not you. There isnt natural cures for everything and what your doing is animal abuse and neglect. You make me sick. I work in rescue and with shelters that take animals from people like you. Hopefully someone you know has :few more brain cells and turns you in. It says alit that you think the only 2 options were you and the other guy. That's hoarders first BS excuse when we show up to gather all their suck animals up.

Quoting Had3girls:

So it would have been a better idea to leave them in the filth they were living in with some1 that has about 30 cats and doesn't take care of any of them??? I have 2 other cats and I've helped them without a vets help ..... 1 of them I've had for 8yrs ..... I posted about this to get help to help my new family members not to get critisized and told to give them to a shelter so if ur not gonna try to help stay off my post ..... there r natural cures for everything and I WILL find a cure and a way to help them without the help of a $200 bill from a vet

Quoting erinsmom1964:

You cant afford a vet but thought it was a good idea to take on 2 suck kitties? Your not helping your prolonging their suffering. Find a cat rescue and turn them over before you either kill them or cause severe eye damage that leads to blindness or even removal of the eye or infection that then the brain. If you really want ti help them you will stop bring selfish and give them to someone who can properly care for them. If you tell me where your at I'll help you find a rescue

Quoting Had3girls:

I've had them for almost 2 wks .... they are bout month and half maybe 2 wks old I'm guessin ..... no I haven't got them their shots I don't know if the other guy did but I doubt it he didn't seem to care much .... its so sad .... I can't afford a vet so I gotta figure out a vet free option

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Take them to the vet. The idiot you got them from lied and they could loose their vision. I know because I adopted a kitty that happened to also the URI can easily be deadly to small kittens. How old are they? Why haven't they had their shots yet?

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM
You did not call her a name. My mistake.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

ALSO an adult would know better than to keep those kittens suffering.  An adult would known what is past their limitation and do whats right for the animals.  An adult would know just because they are a step up from where they came doesn't mean its good, healthy or even safe  for them to be there.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

There is no need to name call. Lets be adults here.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I offered to help that cat's not you. There isnt natural cures for everything and what your doing is animal abuse and neglect. You make me sick. I work in rescue and with shelters that take animals from people like you. Hopefully someone you know has :few more brain cells and turns you in. It says alit that you think the only 2 options were you and the other guy. That's hoarders first BS excuse when we show up to gather all their suck animals up.

Quoting Had3girls:

So it would have been a better idea to leave them in the filth they were living in with some1 that has about 30 cats and doesn't take care of any of them??? I have 2 other cats and I've helped them without a vets help ..... 1 of them I've had for 8yrs ..... I posted about this to get help to help my new family members not to get critisized and told to give them to a shelter so if ur not gonna try to help stay off my post ..... there r natural cures for everything and I WILL find a cure and a way to help them without the help of a $200 bill from a vet

Quoting erinsmom1964:

You cant afford a vet but thought it was a good idea to take on 2 suck kitties? Your not helping your prolonging their suffering. Find a cat rescue and turn them over before you either kill them or cause severe eye damage that leads to blindness or even removal of the eye or infection that then the brain. If you really want ti help them you will stop bring selfish and give them to someone who can properly care for them. If you tell me where your at I'll help you find a rescue

Quoting Had3girls:

I've had them for almost 2 wks .... they are bout month and half maybe 2 wks old I'm guessin ..... no I haven't got them their shots I don't know if the other guy did but I doubt it he didn't seem to care much .... its so sad .... I can't afford a vet so I gotta figure out a vet free option

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Take them to the vet. The idiot you got them from lied and they could loose their vision. I know because I adopted a kitty that happened to also the URI can easily be deadly to small kittens. How old are they? Why haven't they had their shots yet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I find it ironic this post of yours.  Someone PM'd me after seeing THIS post about the poor kitties.  Why didn't you just drink vinegar???

by  Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Thank u ... I'm feeling much better thanks to the antibiotics !!! I swear I felt like I was dyin earlier it was awful
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Much better .... thank god for antibiotics .... was on my way to fill my script and my car started fishtailing but steering wheel didn't move .... I was freakin out sooooo bad !!!!!!! I need a new barring .... they were about to close and can't fix it till Monday =/ and I was 50min from home =/ I was hurtin so bad and then got stranded .... thank god for my mom and her friend ... they picked me up and took me to lunch and took me to get my script and now I'm headed home .... my bed is screamin my name !!!!! Lol sorry I'm tired and rambling .... thanks for askin how I was =)
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Yes ma'am day was really stressful but all is worked out and antibiotics have helped sooooo much !!!! I'm still sick so I still feel like poo lol but I'm not hurtin so I'm grateful =) now I'm headed to work .... really wish I could stay in the bed tho .... I was sleepin so good lol have a good day =)

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM

by  Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:58 AM
That woulda been nice =/ I left the hospital hurtin more than I was when I got there .... all they would give me for pain was ibuprofin =/ but the antibiotics have kicked in now so I'm much better =)

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/17255196/UTI_possible_double_kidney_infection?ct=search_grouppost

Had3girls
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM
What does this have to do with kittens? a human having a uti and a cats eyes bein crusty r 2 completely different things ....

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Much better .... thank god for antibiotics .... was on my way to fill my script and my car started fishtailing but steering wheel didn't move .... I was freakin out sooooo bad !!!!!!! I need a new barring .... they were about to close and can't fix it till Monday =/ and I was 50min from home =/ I was hurtin so bad and then got stranded .... thank god for my mom and her friend ... they picked me up and took me to lunch and took me to get my script and now I'm headed home .... my bed is screamin my name !!!!! Lol sorry I'm tired and rambling .... thanks for askin how I was =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)