Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help .. :( advice needed ..

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

Okay .. soo .. dh and I are in debt bad .. I mean it's mostly student loans . and they are in collectiosn now . well actually only dh's is in collection . well they called and said okay lets do this . so we said okay sounds good . well we thought dh was gonna get paid and he didnt this week . and they pulled it out of the bank and because the money wasn't there and now we are charged a insuffiecent funds fee of 25dollars and we have 10 days to pay the actual amount or we are in trouble .. ugh .. what do i do? do i call tomorrow or what ? this really sucks ..... 

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Can you borrow it until pay day?

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM

i mean we prolly could . but if i wasnt soo stupid and kept up on my bank book we wouldn't have had this prob :(((( it's my fault .. im soo stupid sometimes .... 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Just ask someone then, as long as you KNOW you can pay it back, just ask.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

i mean we prolly could . but if i wasnt soo stupid and kept up on my bank book we wouldn't have had this prob :(((( it's my fault .. im soo stupid sometimes .... 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

lauren11988
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Hey the collections guys are pretty reasonable.. It happened to me once by accident.. I bought some items online with a new card of mine and i completely forgot to put money in that card. And so after a while i got a call from these guys saying the money was in collections.. At that time i didnt have money. So i just asked them for a little extra time so that i could pay them when my pay came in.. And they agreed. But i had to pay a couple dollars more by that time.. And if its the bank that u have to pay to then i suggest you call them immediately and ask them for some time. If you dont pay the bank their money then a lot of bad things will happen.

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM

well im affraid that if we ask for it, then they will be like well your working why can't you pay it. :( and besides the only person to ask is dh's parents and i doubt they will lend it to us now that i think more about it. ;( 

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

outtamymynd
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Aw this made me sad. :( we all make mistakes. Just try to borrow the money for now...and I'm sure after this you will be awesome at keeping track of your bank book. Good luck.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Sometimes banks will waive the fee if it's your first time.  Call them and beg.

lauren11988
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM

They wont say anything like that.. My dads a doctor and im a computer engineer..  We are definitely financially stable. We asked for some time and they agreed.. And since its the bank if ur really nice and you have good credit history then they will wave the fee.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

well im affraid that if we ask for it, then they will be like well your working why can't you pay it. :( and besides the only person to ask is dh's parents and i doubt they will lend it to us now that i think more about it. ;( 

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

robyann
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Everyone makes mistakes, call the bank and explain the situation and they will work with you. Also you know you can get your student loans deferred. Even  financial hardship is a good enough reason. If they are already in default you can't do this, but if they aren't then you can. They allow so many months of deferrment on the life of the loan, it's alot of time, you do it in 6 month incraments. As long as either they haven't come due yet, or you have been paying on them and are not behind, you can apply for this.

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Well I recently deffered my student loans right now . but my dh's hes already had his deffered to many times and now they are in default . (i think something like that) anyway ... on mine i've been paying and they are working with us for that, but his is well beyond that point . lol . we have to pay them now .. 

Quoting robyann:

Everyone makes mistakes, call the bank and explain the situation and they will work with you. Also you know you can get your student loans deferred. Even  financial hardship is a good enough reason. If they are already in default you can't do this, but if they aren't then you can. They allow so many months of deferrment on the life of the loan, it's alot of time, you do it in 6 month incraments. As long as either they haven't come due yet, or you have been paying on them and are not behind, you can apply for this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)