Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP! I'm waiting for the doc to open and could use advice!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

My dd, she just turned 2, came down with a low grade fever last night and has broken out in a rash all over her body. It is concentrated around her mouth, neck, inside her elbows, diaper area (all the warm areas). She wouldn't eat supper, and it was her favorite. She started crying and saying I hurt, I hurt so we gave her some ibuprofen (I normally don't with a low fever, unless they act like they are in a lot of pain). We put her to bed and around 3 she woke up screaming. I go in a get her and she starts puking all over. It's now 7 and we've been up since. 

In your opinion, would you worry about the rash, or do you think it's just a fever rash? Unfortunatly our insurance sucks so every visit is expensive (Don't get me wrong, her health is more important that $, I just don't want to over react).

Sorry for the super crappy quality, but you can kinda see the rash around her neck, the grainy look is the rash, not just the bad pic quality.

You can kinda see around her mouth is red and her nose. At least she is still smiling (half the time lol).

Update:

She has an appointment at 1:30. Here fever is now in the 101 range and she went from the smiley baby in the picture to a super unhappy baby. I really hope the doc can do something for her! I will update again after we get home. Thanks for all your replies!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Sounds like 5th disease,keep her hydrated it will to away if it gets worse then I say go in
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I would just wait till she sees her doctor. She is obviously not in pain or itching. It might a rash from the fever. My daughter used to get them. I forget what it is called though. 

squeakersmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

That's what my mom suggested, but the rash and fever started at the same time :( A lot of mom's in a different group have suggested Hand/foot/mouth. I would that 5ths over that!! Now I just have to wait to hear from the doc. Thanks for your reply!

Quoting NookBoookMom:

Sounds like 5th disease,keep her hydrated it will to away if it gets worse then I say go in

peanutsmommy1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

H, F and M and 5th's all come from the same family of virus

jj4ij
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM

OMG... She is so cute!  What a little trooper, feels like crap... but take out the camera and she is smiling ; )

I don't really know what it could be, but I had to comment on how cute she is.  I hope it is nothing and Hope she is feeling better real soon.  Good luck Mama!  You have a beautiful little girl.

signingmama2915
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I'd wait for the doctor.

Any news, when does she see a doctor?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Sounds like hand foot and mouth to me, but your doc will know for sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeakersmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

She goes in at 1:30. Poor thing has been super unhappy since she woke up (I finally got her to sleep for about an hour). I can't wait for 1:30! 

Quoting signingmama2915:

I'd wait for the doctor.

Any news, when does she see a doctor?

midnightmom5
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM

looks and sounds like the same thing that happened to my dd when she was 1 i feed her baked beans  it could be a allergic reaction to something so i  would prop take her to the docs.But she dont look like she is in pain i see a smile on that baby thats a good sighn.

squeakersmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Sadly, she's not a happy baby anymore. She slept for about an hour or so and woke up feeling a lot worse. She goes to the doc in a few hours. 

Quoting midnightmom5:

looks and sounds like the same thing that happened to my dd when she was 1 i feed her baked beans  it could be a allergic reaction to something so i  would prop take her to the docs.But she dont look like she is in pain i see a smile on that baby thats a good sighn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)