Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need advice about Santa!!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM
  • 30 Replies

My dd is 10 yrs old and is starting to question whether Santa is real. I think we can get one last year of her believing though. My question is what gifts do you give that will be Santa gifts? For example she knows a Taylor swift cd wouldn't come frm Santa, neither would certain name brand clothes. I just need some ideas of what to give her that would be good "Santa" gifts. Thanks!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Steph
by Group Admin on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:00 AM

In our house, the really fun things or things they really, really want come from Santa, like various toys or whatever, and other things come from us like clothes and books. They love getting new clothes and books, but to them, Santa only makes toys. Mine are 11 and 12 and are at least pretending to still believe so they'll keep getting stuff, lol. Our rule is when they turn 13 Santa only fills stockings like he does for hubby and me each year. It was a good system for my siblings and me growing up, and seems to work well here.

robyann
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Well I am past the Santa stage with all mine, my youngest is 17yo now. But I think they should only get one or two gifts from Santa and the rest should be from the parents. Then when they don't believe anymore they just don't get that one or two from Santa but still get those from the parents.

I tried to prolong the believing for as long as I could, makes it more fun.

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

lauren11988
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM

What i really think you should do is this:

Hire a really tiny guy to dress up as an elf.. and have him give a digital photo frame that changes pictures.. Well im not really sure what a 10 year old thinks.. but maybe she will be amazed at how the pics are changing without her even touching..

Or... you could dress up as santa or get someone else 2 dress up as santa and pretend to sneak into the house and "accidently" wake up ur dd and say ho ho ho and hand her a gift.. Or it would be better if u get a friend of urs to do it.. So when ur dd calls u then u can come and be like "omg santa! i havnt seen you since last year.. hmm u seem to have put on more weight".. or something like that..

Maevelyn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I think she knows. 

jenniferlee_12
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Maybe the one thing that she really wants or crafts and toys.

dee1603
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Something to try to make her believe longer is get a bell, ring it, and ask her if she hears it. Remind her about the Polar Express movie and that you can only hear the bell if you believe in the magic of Christmas and Santa.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maengle
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM
My boys know he's not real. They asked last year and I told them. I also told them that Santa was once a real person and told them how it came about.
But they know what the real meaning of Christmas is too and always have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Why couldn't those be Santa gifts?
In our house Santa gifts are the things she REALLY wants. It keeps the magic alive (dd is 6 so I think we are ok for a few years)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Cute! I like this:)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

In our house, the really fun things or things they really, really want come from Santa, like various toys or whatever, and other things come from us like clothes and books. They love getting new clothes and books, but to them, Santa only makes toys. Mine are 11 and 12 and are at least pretending to still believe so they'll keep getting stuff, lol. Our rule is when they turn 13 Santa only fills stockings like he does for hubby and me each year. It was a good system for my siblings and me growing up, and seems to work well here.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM

good

Quoting dee1603:

Something to try to make her believe longer is get a bell, ring it, and ask her if she hears it. Remind her about the Polar Express movie and that you can only hear the bell if you believe in the magic of Christmas and Santa.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN