Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need advice about Santa!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My dd is 10 yrs old and is starting to question whether Santa is real. I think we can get one last year of her believing though. My question is what gifts do you give that will be Santa gifts? For example she knows a Taylor swift cd wouldn't come frm Santa, neither would certain name brand clothes. I just need some ideas of what to give her that would be good "Santa" gifts. Thanks!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
marchantmom06
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM
We use this method for this phase of life.

http://www.cozi.com/live-simply/truth-about-santa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM

My daaughter stopped believing in Santa at 5, we never put any "from" on her gifts just to.  Unil she figured it out, all gifts were from "Santa" 

Had3girls
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM
There is always stuff that momma don't like kids gettin ..... beads ... playdoh ... clay .... anything with a lot of pieces lol .... so stinkin santa always gets that stuff =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM
There is always stuff that momma don't like kids gettin ..... beads ... playdoh ... clay .... anything with a lot of pieces lol .... so stinkin santa always gets that stuff =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM
How did she stop believing at 5yrs old???? It is easy to keep children believing at that age .... that's sad

Quoting CoeyG:

My daaughter stopped believing in Santa at 5, we never put any "from" on her gifts just to.  Unil she figured it out, all gifts were from "Santa" 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OurFunnyFarm
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM
When my oldest was 10 he got where be didn't really believe and kept telling us Santa isn't real, I seen a add to hire a Santa he would come to your house it only cost like $30!! Well I called and meat with him and made arrangements with Santa to come and left some toys for him, well on Christmas Eve we went to church and when we got home, we walked in on Santa pulling presents out of a big velvet red bag!! My son was the first to get into the house, and was jumping up and down yelling up and down omg he's really real! Lol
It was so funny!!
He even woke up grandpa who was sleeping (pretending) up stairs!! He's the one who let him in!! Lmao
He believed in Santa till he was 14, he would argue with people when they said Santa's not real!!
Santa always brings the coolest toys!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AMartin81
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

That's priceless!!! 

Quoting OurFunnyFarm:

When my oldest was 10 he got where be didn't really believe and kept telling us Santa isn't real, I seen a add to hire a Santa he would come to your house it only cost like $30!! Well I called and meat with him and made arrangements with Santa to come and left some toys for him, well on Christmas Eve we went to church and when we got home, we walked in on Santa pulling presents out of a big velvet red bag!! My son was the first to get into the house, and was jumping up and down yelling up and down omg he's really real! Lol
It was so funny!!
He even woke up grandpa who was sleeping (pretending) up stairs!! He's the one who let him in!! Lmao
He believed in Santa till he was 14, he would argue with people when they said Santa's not real!!
Santa always brings the coolest toys!!!

PinkParadox
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
This is our tradition as well.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

In our house, the really fun things or things they really, really want come from Santa, like various toys or whatever, and other things come from us like clothes and books. They love getting new clothes and books, but to them, Santa only makes toys. Mine are 11 and 12 and are at least pretending to still believe so they'll keep getting stuff, lol. Our rule is when they turn 13 Santa only fills stockings like he does for hubby and me each year. It was a good system for my siblings and me growing up, and seems to work well here.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PensFan99
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM
We always give the gifts he really wants from Santa, esp the ones he puts in his letter. Doesn't matter what it is. Could be electronics, or video games, cars, or specific clothes like sports tees or Jerseys. Even gift cards in his stocking liked a games store our for his xbox.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grouchymama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I would go along with it if she wants to. I was the oldest so the rule was you only got gifts if you believed. This way things wouldn't be spoiled for my younger sister. I pretended for a long time. I'm not even sure when I stopped believing.LOL

In our house Santa would make or buy whatever he thought we would like best. There are flaws in the whole Santa story but I think that's OK. Then they slowing start to question instead of it being a big shock.

Quoting AMartin81:

I think my dd is just pretending to believe bc she wants so badly for him to be real!! I would love another year of her believing though! It just makes things more fun!!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

In our house, the really fun things or things they really, really want come from Santa, like various toys or whatever, and other things come from us like clothes and books. They love getting new clothes and books, but to them, Santa only makes toys. Mine are 11 and 12 and are at least pretending to still believe so they'll keep getting stuff, lol. Our rule is when they turn 13 Santa only fills stockings like he does for hubby and me each year. It was a good system for my siblings and me growing up, and seems to work well here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)