Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Unappreciative stepchild

Posted by   + Show Post
I have an 11 yr old SD who does not appreciate anything that me or her dad do for her!! I have been in her life since she was 4 yrs old and I have done everything imaginable with this girl..I treated her as my own child.I treat her better than her own mother does ..my husband works a lot and we have her half the mth and her mother has her half the mth..I make sure she has all the nicest clothes n shoes and we try to give her the most stable environment ..well now she is 11 n it's like never thank you or excited when we go out of our way for trips or even special date days with her..it's like it's expected because she thinks daddy has more money cuz that's wht her mom has always told her..well I'm sick of it !!! She talks about her mom badly but then her mom is the one who can never do no wrong..feel very used by her and she isn't happy unless somebody is doing for her..very disrespectful with attitude but doesnt do it with her dad..so I'm done going out of my way for her she is so rude and I'm done!!'n
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Replies (31-31):
Toonice2012
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Ok so this adds a lil twist to my situation..my husband had a long talk with her tonight and she apparently disclosed to him that supposedly her cousin told someone that I treat her( my SD) bad..well to make a long story short my husbands parents n his sister are very dysfunctional and we all don't speak so of course they use my SD as a pawn to get to us..do they are filling her head with stuff n their making me into a monster ..have been doing this for almost 8 yrs..I soooo don't treat her badly n I just feel hopeless..she is highly influenced by my in laws
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN