Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

help

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

so i had those lumps on my lower stomach and the doctor said it was nothing. 

well now my friend has one, she popped it. 

if it was nothing, how the hell did my friend get one, in the same spot with the same stuff come out

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mesh2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Do you think it could be acne? Would you mind posting a picture? I would feel better if my doc said it was fine, but it never hurts to get a second opinion. Even if they are harmless, you should ask what they are. 

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Quoting Mesh2:

Do you think it could be acne? Would you mind posting a picture? I would feel better if my doc said it was fine, but it never hurts to get a second opinion. Even if they are harmless, you should ask what they are. 

they are abcesses. 

i had three seperate opinions, one from a dr who said leave it alone after i popped the first one. 

the second one was so painful i ended up in the er, they popped it and did a culture, went to the dr the next day, and they said nothing was wrong. 

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Exposure to the same environment

emmy526
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM

a woman i took care of had one on her the side of her stomach by her ribs, and got MRSA from it, and almost died

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM
They said it wasnt.

Quoting emmy526:

a woman i took care of had one on her the side of her stomach by her ribs, and got MRSA from it, and almost died

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

i'm just letting you know....those can pick up MRSA really easily, so if you get another one, you'll want it treated asap...

Quoting StrawberryCool:

They said it wasnt.

Quoting emmy526:

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM

thanks, i wasn't trying to be mean. 

the one i just had was my second....and they said it was just a staph infection that'll go away on it's own. and then if i get a third they would just give me soap

Quoting emmy526:

i'm just letting you know....those can pick up MRSA really easily, so if you get another one, you'll want it treated asap...

Quoting StrawberryCool:

They said it wasnt.

Quoting emmy526:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)