Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoloft

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
My daughter has anxiety disorder which breaks into her school work. She use to be on Zoloft 50mgs she came off because her dr moved ot of state and it took a bit to get her back on it. After being off of it for 3 months she had a huge melt down and i took her to the ER i told them what was going on and they put her back on 50mgi called the school and told them. The caseworker four her IEP said if the meds would rise gradually. I told her I wouldn't know until we see her regular psychic on the 24th. U thought it was kind of a strange question. I'm also getting jkind of mad that when i told her my daughter is no longer on meds she said well that explains a lot. I feel very pressured baby the school not only to medicate my daughter but now also to up her meds. Not really by the whole school but mostly by this caseworker. My question is who do i go to about this issue and is there a chance her meds will go up? She is 9 also 10.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ColorMeCrazy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Only you can decide if the meds should be upped or not. Each antidepressant is different, each person reacts differently when taking them. One year a med can work for someone and the next year it won't, it's all a very long and difficult process. If your dd reacts well with the meds and dosage she's on, keep things the way that they are. If she's not, try upping the dose. If she still shows no improvement, try a different med. Whatever you do, DON'T let anyone pressure you into anything. The school doesn't know/love your daughter like you do. And remember, this takes time, it can take months for a new med/dose to regulate itself.

mamaBerg85
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I agree I'm just saying if I can prove they are pressuring medication changes on me then i can hire an attorney and pressure them to make needed abominations for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured