Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

SAHM Advice

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 35 Replies

How/when do you ladies get time to exercise and relax your mind/body? I thought I was overwhelmed, but I know I am just being really silly on how I spread out everything I have to do with the house, for DH and for my daughter. She is only 14 months, but I know there are better ways to do everything yet still feel calm, energetic and relaxed (especially muscle wise). I know I also have to inform DH he needs to do a little more regarding our daughter even though he goes out to work, but I do feel a little bad telling him sometimes.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I make sure I have designated me time. I workout in the morning before dh goes to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeLaLi
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Quoting Kitschy:

I make sure I have designated me time. I workout in the morning before dh goes to work.

If DH worked nights I can do that. He leaves too early and once he gets home he is tired so it is like I have to wait until the weekend. I guess I can just let him handle Azy during the weekends so I can do more household things done and have more me time.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Whenever my DS is napping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DeLaLi
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Whenever my DS is napping.

I feel that is too short of a time. I guess switching things I want to do every day during nap time is going to have to do until the weekend comes when DH is home. 

robyann
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to get your child involved. If you put on an exercise show and start working out your child will do it with you. Dance around the house as you clean. Lay on the floor and play airplane with your child, lifting him/her up on your legs.

As far as time for just you, you do need this and you do deserve this, but good luck getting it. It seems when we decide to be SAHM's then our job is never ending. We have to do everything around the house, and take care of all the needs of the child/children. You do need to try to set up sometime for yourself, this is very healthy and keeps you from getting burnt out and feeling overwhelmed. Even if it's just twice a month or even once a month. Make that time also a special time for baby and daddy. GL

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

Kitschy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM
My husband works down the street so the earliest he leaves is 7:30am. I just get up at 6 and workout for 20 minutes then shower and make breakfast.

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting Kitschy:

If DH worked nights I can do that. He leaves too early and once he gets home he is tired so it is like I have to wait until the weekend. I guess I can just let him handle Azy during the weekends so I can do more household things done and have more me time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel guilty telling your husband he needs to spend time with his child.  He was able to take the time to help create that child, he needs to be able to take the time with that child as well.  There is an old addage "Ain't nobody happy if Mama is not happy" and it is true.  Families run much smoother when the mom is feeling well.  Take your "me" time when the kids are in bed.  I used to exrcise then take a nice hot bath/shower and have myself relaxed for bed after my daughter was in her bed snoring, and I worked outside the home.  

xoxRachelxox
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Whether he works or not, he can still help out. There's no reason to feel bad telling him to help.

I'm a sahm and my husband helps me with everything when he comes home.

It's not easy to be home with the kids all day long and deal with the house.

mmccrea
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I bought the 10 Minute Solution Pilates DVDs with Lara (somebody).  I think there are 5-6 10 minute workout on each DVD.  So even if I only have 10 minutes of spare time (everyone does!), I get a crazy good workout.  It burns everytime, and I look and feel pretty fit.  I love those DVDs!  

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM
My hubby leaves for work at 5 am and gets home between 3pm and midnight. If he is home when the kids are up he helps. He works a physically demanding job too.
enjoy nap time because it doesn't last forever. Then you'll be wishing for those 2 hours to yourself! I homeschool my 5 year old plus I have a 2 1/2 year old. They sleep until 8 and go to bed at 8. From 8 to 10 I spend time with hubby. From 10 to 12 is my time for myself. I'm so thankful for my 2 hours :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN