Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not the most attractive girl, but I was wondering if anyone had any make-up or hair tips. Color, style. Anything. I just want to make myself more attractive to my hunny!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Replies (31-33):
LoreleiSieja
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Oh there are so many wonderful things you can do!  But the general advice to "love yourself" is the best.  Anyway, here are some other ideas - I've done them before myself.

1) call a Mary Kay consultant (or Avon).  The Mary Kay lady may come to your house and give you a makeover!  She will help you find the best products for your face shape and coloring - if she's any good at her job.  Be prepared to spend some money and buy at least a few of her products, which pays her for the makeover, but you may be so happy with the results that you want all her products anyway.  What I like about Mary Kay is that you can TRY the product before you buy it - so you KNOW it works for you!  If you buy grocery store products, although they are cheaper, you may buy a lot of stuff you never use.

2) go to a Master Cuts or other beauty salon, and ask for the best hair dresser - someone others recommend, or someone with many years of experience anad many satisfied customers.  Then ask her what she would recommend for your hair.  When you are very young, you can get away with wearing hair straight, long, and unstyled. But after the blush of youth passes, most of us have to find something a bit more flattering. 

3) lose weight, if you need to.  Exercise daily - not only does it help you to lose or maintain a healthy weight, but it also boosts your emotional outlook, making you glow from the inside out.

4) listen to uplifting, inspirational books on tape while you exercise.  Start with Zig Ziglar's "Goals", and go from there.  Check out www.goalsetting.com.  Listening to something uplifting will also make you more positive, and a more interesting conversationalist.

5) buy candles and light them in the bedroom when you are planning a night of seduction.  Candlelight is more flattering than lightbulbs.  Many women prefer to make love in the dark because they don't like their bodies, but guys are turned on by looking at their woman's imperfect body.  Candles can be a great compromise. 

6) buy a sexy little negligee.  Visit an adult store, or Victoria's Secret.  Find some sexy, silky little bit of nothing to wear to bed.  This ought to really light his fire. Even though he's only going to pull it off of you!  It's like gift-wrapping a present - again and again!

7) play soft, romantic music sometimes. Find out what his tastes are.  You don't want to spoil a fantastic moment if a song that reminds him of something awful snaps on just then. 

8) turn cell phones OFF during romantic moments.  It's distracting, and can also spoil a good moment.  Funny story here: I set my adult children's cellphones to different ring tones so I would know who was calling.  My oldest daughter's was the Halleluia Chorus... and just at the most important point of a romantic encounter with my beloved husband of 32 years... out blasts Handel's "Halleluia!  Halleluia!"  We both burst out laughing....

9) learn to love yourseslf.  That is actually a commandment.  You are perfect, just the way you are.  Your honey loves you now!  You don't have to change a thing.  You cannot ever truly love another if you do not love yourself. 

http://raisingcreativechildren.com/nail-biting/

momofqtees
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

If it is you in the pic you are crazy.  What you need is a counselor for self esteem (j/k I don't mean to be rude).  Ask a Mary Kay rep to come to your house.  They will do it for free.  Let them know up front you are just trying it out.  Go to a mall and ask for a makeover.  For the hair get on Craigslist and be a hair model.  They are usually training for a salon, or interviewing for one.  You are hot anyway just be naughty in the bedroom lol.  My friend says keep the tired (by having tons of sex) and full (feed them alot)  Good luck!

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM

You're very attractive. Go to a makeup counter where they will give you a free consultation. You don't have to buy anything there if it's not what you want, but you can get good ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured