Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i want to get.my tubes.tied?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 17 Replies
I am 27 I have two kids , a boy n girl, n I want to get my tubes.tied...I hate being on the pill....the thing.is..I never had surgery so I'm scared.I know Its not a big surgery but being put asleep freaks me out any advice ladies.I would appreciate it!! Thank you in advance!!
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you looked into Essure?

Granted when I had it done, I was put to sleep. It's not a surgery though. They go in and put the coil in your tubes. It builds scar tissue and closes those suckers up.

You go back 3 months later for a dye test (which wasn't that bad, just a little crampy) and check if they're sealed. You'll need bc for that three months. I got the depo shot.

mommaof3girls24
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I had my tubes tied after my 3rd daughter was born via repeat c-section. I didn't have to go back or anything. They did it while I was open. I wasn't put to sleep either. 

mommyames2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

What about getting an IUD? I didn't have a period the 4.5 years I had mine in. It didn't hurt getting it put in (just a little cramping).

No pills to remember and no surgery.

SweetMama823
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Do your research and talk with your doctor.You have to be 100% that its what you want. So many women have regrets and bad side effects.
I got mine done 4 yrs ago at age 26, via emergency c-section. I knew it was what i wanted and needed to get done. No one agreed with my decision, but i didn't care.
Mine is not reversible, but its always that chance. The surgery isnt that bad. My dr talked to me about it, but since it was through csection didn't need to go that way. I have no regrets whatso ever! My periods are normal and less days. Sex is so much more enjoyable too!! I could never stay on top of my bc pills. Think about it. If your not sure their are other ways. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting mommyames2:

What about getting an IUD? I didn't have a period the 4.5 years I had mine in. It didn't hurt getting it put in (just a little cramping).

And not 100% effective either and can cause complications if she does get pregnant

ChancesMommy07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I had my tubes tied. It's just two tiny incisions and I didn't even need pain pills. In two days I was moving around like normal. I don't regret it one bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyames2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting mommyames2:

And not 100% effective either and can cause complications if she does get pregnant

mommyames2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting mommyames2:

Yes. I am very aware of this. Was just mentioning other options since she was concerned about surgery.

-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

If your afraid to do surgery then maybe you should look into essure.  Its permanent and non-surgical.

black_sun99
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I got my tubes tied and a D&C at the same time.  It is not a hard procedure at all.  The way I had it done they didn't even make incisions.  Well they did in the skin and then just pushed through the natural fibers of the muscles in your abdomen.  I think I took maybe two pain pills and after that I was fine.  You don't even realize that you have been put under.  Even if you are only under for 30 minutes that is the BEST sleep you will ever have.  LOL.  If you really want to get it done then go for it!!  I don't regret having it done.  I was 26.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN