Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i want to get.my tubes.tied?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am 27 I have two kids , a boy n girl, n I want to get my tubes.tied...I hate being on the pill....the thing.is..I never had surgery so I'm scared.I know Its not a big surgery but being put asleep freaks me out any advice ladies.I would appreciate it!! Thank you in advance!!
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Replies (11-17):
robyann
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I had my tubes tied after my 4th child, she is now 17 years old, so it's been quite a few years ago, lol. But even then it was a very easy surgery. I only had butterfly stiches. I was a tiny bit crampy the day of the surgery, but by the second day I felt fine.

You do need to make sure you don't want any more kids. It can be reversed but is not very easy to get it done and get pregnant. So this needs to be a permanent decision.

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I had my tubes and I was put to sleep...nice sleep.  

blondie805
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I had my tubes tied after my 3rd. I had had 2 miscarriages and 3 other full-term pregnancies. I did it because of my health. I have seizures and in all honesty, I was afraid that my black out spells would turn into a full blown seizure. I was down for about 2 days and after that, I was back to normal.

Nothing to be afraid of. You are the same age as I was and if you don't want any more kids and are content, then, go for it. I hate the idea of bc. I can't take pills or shots because of my seizures and condoms are so-so. I know about the IUD's or Mirena or Nuvaring. I also know that they have more complications than having your tubes tied. Just remember, that this surgery is so common, that you really have nothing to be afraid of.

msmom29
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

it will be ok, its really not as bad as you think it is. I have had two Csections, a gall bladder removal and a tubal. Honestly they give you the meds and it hits you so quick  you dont even realize it you just feel sleepy, and when you wake up it will be all done. Good luck!

meliscool72
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Why don't you try the our or whatever it is called instead of surgery to tie your tubes it will be more expensive if you want another child after tying...believe me I know...I want another one and it is going to cost over 5 grand to get them untied and there is no guarantee that it will work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I have had mine tied twice.  Once when I was 21 and then again after I had our daughter.  It was through a c-section that they were tied.  The surgery to get them untied was AWFUL and very painful!  Everyone has a different oppinion and everyone has a different pain tolerance.  I find that it was easy and no side effects at all.  Talk to your dr and get all the facts and get all of your questions answered and then go from there!  There are a number of ways!  Good luck to you.

A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I want to as well. I'm 29, and had my second child 2 months ago. My insurance doesn't cover it though. I work for a catholic hospital...not even the pill is covered.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN