Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

At my age

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 15 Replies

At age 41 I don't think any babies will be coming from my body. I still have a normal cycle with my period lasting 4-5 days. DH and I have a very active sex life. However, I am my DH's third wife. He never had children with his first two wives. So we are not certain if he is fertile. But he is a great step-dad to DD.  Should I consider getting my tubes tied or getting a hysterectomy?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harream
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Do you want more kids? I would wait till you know really know for sure that you can't/wont have any more before you take that step. And I'm all for making him get snipped! (less painfull and down time!)

anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:38 AM
I agree that you should make sure you are 100% sure you don't want anymore kids before taking a permanent step. 41 is not out of the ordinary to have a baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM

The only time I feel like I want a baby is when I see a cute little baby wrapped in a blanket sleeping peacefully. Then they wake up and start crying and I know I don't want to go through that again! LOL BTW, I have never had a child so I don't know if my body could take it.

jakesmom323
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:35 AM
I would have him do a vasectomy due to the procedure not being as painful or serious as if you had been fixed. My husband is getting one next month. (two sons) A hysterectomy is extremely serious and I wouldn't even consider that. There is also a painless procedure called Essure for women that I found interesting too. Good luck:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM

so you guys have no kids?

BaBa1123
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Make sure you are absolutely sure that you do not want any more children and if you are sure let him get the vasectomy.  He can have it done at the doctor's office and his down time is only 2 days.  Tell him get  it done on a friday and he can go back to work on monday.   My brother and uncle had it done and they were fine with the procedure with no complications they both got to lay on the couch watching football games all day they were in hog heaven getting waited on hand and foot.   

mammabear413
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

you wont be able to get hysterectomy unles theres a problem, 2nd my df could enevr get his 1st wife pregant at age 48 we had our 1st baby, hes got low sperm count and been trying for 8 months now. soon we wuill go test his sperm maybe ur hubby can do that if u do want a baby. my df now is 50 were trying . its never to late i am alot younger then he is . so were going to go to doc  in few months mybe get in iui , anyway my point is if u want a baby check his ssperm  or even if u dont they still check it so u dont have to get ur tubes tied if hes not fertile then u have nothing to worry about 

robyann
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Personally I wouldn't have wanted to have a baby at 41, I'm 48 now. I had my tubes tied after my last child and she's now 17 years old. I would be worried about getting pregnant. I'd get my tubes tied if I were you. Or maybe have your dh checked first, if he is infertile than you don't have to even get your tubes tied.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Why on earth would you get surgery you don't need? Count yourself lucky that you don't need birthcontrol and enjoy the sex.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

so you guys have no kids?

One daughter-adopted with first husband, my DH is a great step-dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)