Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

phone bill

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 12 Replies
Okay back in July I got my boyfriend a sprint phone, he decided a month later he did not like it and wanted an iPhone but it was to late to cancel or trade phones. His nephew said he wanted to use it and would pay the bill. I agreed.

Well fast forward to this month.a lot of drama started, his wife made up a bunch of lies saying she not only slept with my boyfriend but slept with his son as well. She was NEVER even alone with either of them in the two months they lived with us to even have the opportunity to sleep with them.

They broke into our house when we were not there, his wife stole my $60 hair curler and $40 blow dryer. They let my mini Scottish terrier out and I spent an hour looking for him. He was soaked from it raining and hiding under some bricks all shaken up. When I text him about it he said he had no clue there was a dog which is b.s.. he called before breaking in, he asked if the dog bit and I said I was not sure how he would react to them and to not go in my house until I get home. I get home and open the door and new right away they had been in my house , my dog runs to the door as soon as he hears it open and he was nowhere to be seen.

The next day I checked on the phone to see a $200 bill due to lsdt months bill not being paid and a load of purchased apps and music. I called up to have the phone shut off before he ran it up anymore , he had put the phone under his name and switched around the adress, password and security question. They would not shut it off due to me not knowing the info. Apparently he had his wife call pretending to be me and switched everything but the phone is still under my account meaning it's hurting my credit.

I was able to put a block on it threw the internet and not even an hour went by and he was blowing up my phone and my boyfriends. He test my bf saying either I take off the blicj or he would have his wife call pretending to be me which he did because a week later when I was able to get to the sprint store the bill was now higher due to him downloading more stuff.

I showed him my Id telling him the lady on the phone told me to go to the store and show my Id to get the stuff changed so I could have it shut off, the guy said the phone was shut off due to non payment and due to that he can't change anything, he said he could put a note on the account and to call sprint back.

I have not had a chance to call them due to my phone being off, I plan on paying it next week. I have no idea if they will chrange the stuff or not and how to get him to pay it. By the time the bill and contract termination is added up your looking at like 500 bucks and I have been working on building up my credit and this will hurt it.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make him pay it? It is clear he has been using it because he put it in his name and it says on the account he changed it a week after he got it so there's proof he has been using it and ran the bill up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

If all you had was a verbal agreement there is really no way legally you can get him to pay.  Yes morally he owes the money but obviously his morals don't run that way.  If you have nothing in writing that you had to sign (a contract) then you ae Shit out of luck.  Verbal agreements do not hold up in court.

GOBryan
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM

From what I'm reading.. I think if you let it continue you'll just have nothing but headaches.. Cut your losses.. Cancel his phone from your account. Pay the penalty and move on. Naturally, ask him to pay for what he owes but if he doesn't, there's really nothing you can do because you are responsible. Also, let Sprint know that someone is calling saying they are you.. I'm not sure how she could do that since they usually ask very personal info like social security but warn them and let them move on.. They sound like bad news. 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Agree with pp's.

Sometimes people suck. Move on. The lesson is don't buy men shit lol.

Plus, your bf has a wife?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrissy_Lynn
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I met my boyfriends nephews wife. The nephew seems to think he was going to come to my house and get the tires and rims off a car they left here, they sold it to my boyfriend for $100 which he has papers to prove .

The nephew was told he was not getting it, when they sold him the car the tires and rims were included so he decided to sneak over the house Tuesday, he knowsnn obody is home during the week between 8am and 5pm. He got a big surprise when he found the car locked in the garage with tiny, our big saint Bernard which he's terrified of, we new he would try and sneak over and figured locking it in the garage he would just bust the big window on the back out time get in so we put tiny in there beccause we know he's terrified.

The only reason we know he was there because our neighbor saw him. He text me saying he saw him snooping around the garage and asked if I wanted him to call the police and I said no because I new with tiny he would not go in there.

If my boyfriend and I new how much trouble these two were they eoulf have never even stayed with us nor would I have let him use the phone.

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM
IMHO, is report the cell phone stolen. You can have the number turned off. I'd also call the cops report the break in and trespassing.
Sorry but you really need to make this illeg crap stop.
Good luck.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

verbal contracts don't mean a thing, unfortunately.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Jeez everytime he comes on your property w/o permission call the cops who GAF if the dog is there, what if he decides to get a gun and shoot the dog?  His illegal behavior seems to be escalating by each incident.  Either cancel that phone or get your name taken off it.

devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM
The fact gee put the phone in his name makes him responsible to pay right?

Quoting CoeyG:

If all you had was a verbal agreement there is really no way legally you can get him to pay.  Yes morally he owes the money but obviously his morals don't run that way.  If you have nothing in writing that you had to sign (a contract) then you ae Shit out of luck.  Verbal agreements do not hold up in court.

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:28 AM
If he put the phone in his name you shouldn't have to pay anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Quoting devastatedhurt:

The fact gee put the phone in his name makes him responsible to pay right?

Quoting CoeyG:

But who is responsible for the account?  If everything is in his name, the entire account then he will be responsible for paying.  If she is still on the account she will still be held responsible if he doesn't pay.  I would say get rid of the account altogether just to make sure there are no slip ups.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)