Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stressed Mom PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

My husband and I are unable to work right now because he has health issues that are not solved yet, and I am at home taking care of our preemie daughter that cant go ANYWHERE until after RSV/flu/whooping cough season except for the drs. So heres my thing, I cant just sit around and do nothing. I need help to make some money for just the necessoties. gas, food, ect. plus the holidays are here and i dont have money for xmas. I guess im just down and out :( Is there anything that I could do for extra money? Im pretty crafty but cant really thing of anything that would sell go enough to make some cash.  PLEASE help there has to be something I can do?? I cant babysit because I have to keep my house as germ free as possible. And my husband cant watch her so that I can get a job because he has epilepsy and additional other issues but he cant really be left alone with the baby more then a few minutes at a time. im just lost and sad....

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Apply for government aid. Food stamps, wic, cash assistance for bills. See what they can do. Drop unneeded things; cable, internet. Have a basic phone.
Idk any at home jobs that actually work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofqtees
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Can he get disability?  That would be a long term financial help.  Maybe wrapping gifts for people?  Or cooking?  Make people prepay for it though so you won't be out any money.  Can you sell some stuff to consignment?  I would think that welfare could help you.  You would be able to have a representative do it for you.  Get into contact with a social worker where you had her, or ask the dr if they have a social worker. 

Cntrygrl86
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM

We have tried disability and they delined him. We are in the process of appling again because we were told that they like to deny alot of people the first time to see if they really want/need it so hopefully they will approve us this time around. And we applied for food stamps and got 200 dollars a month but thats hard to budget, im using coupons when i can get them and we also have a five year old dd that we have to feed. We have a social worker and she really hasnt done much of anything :( Im gunna apply to wic asap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)