Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Where to keep all these toys?????

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have a 6 year old and a 15 month old. We have a play room but with my 15 month old we keep alot of toys in our den because that is where we are most times and she plays where we can see her. So I have a baskey overflowing with toys that wont stay in and I have big toys just sitting around. I am a bit of a neat freak and it drives me crazy1 Suggestions???

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats just life with kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM

You can buy organizing shelves.  We have those for our 6 year old in his room. He has two of them with bins.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

yperez0209
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Put half the toys in plastic storage bins and put them away, out of sight. Maybe in the attic. In a month switch it up, take out the toys that you put away and put the toys that were out in the bins and put those away.

By doing this it's like Christmas every 30 days. And they will actually play with them more than before because it's something new. And that will help you with the overflowing toy problem.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I cycle out toys. I have 3 clear bins that stack on top of each other, and all of her smaller toys (like not the doll house or ponies) fit in them. 
I cycle out each bin every month. So we put all of the other smaller toys back in the bin, and pull out another one.
That way she never gets tired of her toys, I can weed out the broken toys, and it keeps all the parts together as well.
She acts like she has new toys when I do that.  

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Bookshelf with organizer bins or a couple of big toy boxes or something. I love toy boxes. Shove it in, close the lid.

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Store the toys elsewhere- in their playroom, for example, and every day, or once a week, bring out the basket with some toys but not all, and one big toy only a week instead of more.

oplolo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Bookshelf and organizer are helpful.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM
separate toys into a few equal piles. place one.in the basket and put the others into bins stored elsewhere. rotate them out (except a few key favorites) once a month.
mammabear413
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM

toy box i have a rule in the house we have a sheving unit with baskets if books , toys dont fit they get put away. now getting rid of that n getting toy box what doesnt fit i n goes big toys few out in living room at night back in room 

LindaClement
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Cull the toys.

No child needs an inventory in the thousands --for any reason.

Either box them up so you can rotate the collection to keep it fresh, or donate the vast majority to the needy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)