Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My daughter is in love with her brother!?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Does your toddler kiss other kids or talk about marriage?

Options:

Yes

IT's happened once or twice

Nope, never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

Hi guys! Ok, now I'm not saying I'm freaking out about this but it concerns me. My kids are young. My daughter will be 4 in Feb. and my son just turned 2 in September. But my daughter is constantly telling me that her brother is her "prince" and they have to get married. And she's always yelling from her room "We're kissing!". Now, I don't know much about this. I only have a younger sister, no brothers. But my husband has 2 sisters and never had anything like that. Idk, it just makes me a little uncomfortable. I mean isn't she too young to be concerned with things like that?

Is it the onslaught of Disney princesses and happily ever afters? Is it a misunderstanding of relations? I've explained to her "No sweety, bubba is your brother. " But she will adimantly argue with me. "No! he's my prince and we're gonna get married!!!". Also, for being so fixiated on marriage and relationships she keeps telling me that "Daddy is you your prince and you have to marry him" No matter how many times I tell her mommy and daddy ARE married. I don't know if she's just too young to really unsderstand it all. Is it all harmless?

~*~*Mommy Capps*~*~

giving mom gift

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

She is 4. Just let it go. Explain that kissing is for when you are an adult, and she can only kiss bubba on the cheek. 

Butter331
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Completely harmless. :) my little brother used to say he was going to marry me all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Totally normal. I wouldn't make a big deal about it. 

momofqtees
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I think my 8 year old is weird bc he tells everyone he is in love with me.  I told him he better stop saying that or CPS is gonna take him away lol.  I wouldn't say this to your little girl though.  My 8 year old is a momma's boy, but this talk about being in love with me makes me think I have a 40 year old live at home son in my future lol j/k

Raveyk
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Thank you guys :) Makes me feels better!

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Its pretty normal. I always tell my son that he can't marry sissy because they are siblings, but he should marry someone just like her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

my daughter is 6 and she says in love with _____________ all the time, i don't think she fully understands what it means.  the latest one is she's in love with her teacher lol

kaygarcia97
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Normal! I used to be "in love" with my brother lol but not now. I used to tell my dad I was going to marry him as well :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

It's completely normal.  A lot of little girls insist that they are going to marry their daddy and are then disappointed to find out they can't.  No reason why she can't use that same little girl reasoning to think that way about brother. It's just a normal stage.  She'll grow out of it.

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I see it as how little girls say they're gonna marry their daddies or boys and moms. They all outgrow it. Now, if she's still saying it at 14 then I'd be concerned. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN