Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Best bath soap for Eczema?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
My daughter is almost two and winter time is really hard for her skin. I use vanicream lotion for after bath, but I am wondering if people have a bath soap that helps too. Both girls are sensitive to Burts Bees, so that wont work. Right now I am just using a Johnson and Johnson baby soap. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM
My dermatologist recommended Dove Seriously Sensitive years ago. It's on the expensive side, but its the only soap I've been able to use that doesn't irritated my skin. Also, try to choose the body wash over a bar soap. And pure shea butter is one of the best lotions for eczema. I use Jergens Shea Butter.
young-mommy10
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I use aveeno lotion for eczema on my ds (he's also 2) and I know my niece has eczema as well, and I want to say they use an aveeno bar of soap for eczema on her. Also, I do aveeno oatmeal baths! They do help sooth many skin irritations! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalihaKhan
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Dove. Absolutely. Dove has no soap thats why its so effective. My ds had full body severe eczema for the first 2 years of his life and nothing else worked for him.

And Aveeno eczema cream for after bath. I tried several other creams but this one is the best. Slather it all over her body RIGHT after her bath without drying off too much - ths will keep the moisture in. I used to use it 3 times  day at least .

Be careful using aveeno oatmeal bath recommended by someone above - it caused severe itching for my son.  

sreichelt26
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

My daughter bathes in water only. If she's actually dirty/sweaty or went swimming, I used the shampoo/body wash from The Honest Company. Seventh Generation is good too.

It's different if it's actually eczema (caused by a food allergy) or just really dry, sensitive skin. Either way, I would look for something with as few ingredients as possible - all the chemical ingredients are extremely harsh on the skin. Coconut oil as a moisturizer will help too.

AdoptingMommy
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Dove! And after rub her down in Crisco! Yep veggie grease! My dd would bleed now no more problems:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:32 PM

We have used aveno baby and it pretty good.  I've found that aquaphor baby wash works best but its a bit on the expensive side and can be hard to find.  I've only ever found it at CVS and its like $10 for a small bottle.  We put cortizone 10 on the really bad spots and smoother her with aquaphor healing ointment all over after the bath as well. 

jennymajchszak
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Bump I will be keeping a eye on this post my DD and DS and my DH all have it . 

roxanna79
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Cetaphil is very mild amd gentle
outtamymynd
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I always used the Eucerin sensitive bodysoap for my little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM

My daughtre uses Avenno Body wash

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN