Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
So ladies...... Which do you have in your home for the holidays, a live tree or an artificial? How big is your tree, and if it is live which species do you choose? Are you one of the true holiday addicts that puts up more than one? And of course, do you decorate the tree to a set theme or are you the kind that throws on a little bit of everything? :D

ETA: These photos are beautiful! Feel free to share yalls Christmas tree pictures for everyone to enjoy a bit of the holidays!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Replies (11-18):
HannahLee87
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Our tree is about 7 1/2 feet. It's live but I have no idea what what species. This year we put up a set of ornaments that goes together but we've had trees in the past that had a little of everything on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kdgord
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
We get a real one every year. We go into the hills and cut our own down. We get a spruce usually. Usually we get one a little over 6ft tall. We have a variety of ornaments from our chilhoods plus new ones we have purchased to remember special events and ones we purchased just because we liked them so our tree has a wide variety on it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM

No tree here, I don't like artificial and I can not justify killing a live tree  for decorative purposes for a few days.  

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Since we were married 25years ago, we have moved 8 times. Some places didn't have a place where you could purchase live trees, not to mention times when we didn't have enough cash for a real tree, so we have always had an artificial tree. I am one of those people who put up more than one tree. Our current main tree is an 8 footer. We also have a 2 foot tree that we decorate with Kitchen like ornaments and the coffee cup ornaments from Starbucks that sits inbetween our kitchen and dining area. Our third tree is in our youngest's room. Her birthday is on Christmas day so she collects tree ornaments. She now has 18 years worth of Christmas ornaments.  

cajun_lady_swla
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Do yall have any places that sell trees in pots? That's what we get now and we plant them in the yard :). The last one we had was a seven footer... This year will probably be the same (it's a tight fit for the topper... Lol!)

Quoting CoeyG:

No tree here, I don't like artificial and I can not justify killing a live tree  for decorative purposes for a few days.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cajun_lady_swla
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBa1123
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

When we first go married we did use the live trees and we liked the balsam trees that were big and fat. Took up the whole living room!  Now with the kids and the dog we do an artificial tree that is 7 foot tall that is put into the corner so no one falls into it and th dog so far as been leaving it alone.  My friends told me you do not want a live tree with the dog for it will pee on it!  I don't want to find out if this is true so I will keep putting an artificial tree up for now.    

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I love a real tree but because of my one cat we do artificial. If we ever do a real tree, I will get the type that still has the root ball, so we can plant in our yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN