Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is this the Paraguard IUD? ***Could be TMI to some***

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 3 Replies

I got the IUD around October 18th. I've been having HORRID Cramps. Sometimes they come at random and sudden. It's like a stabbing pain and just as quick it's gone. Or there are times it will pulse. I had been having bad cramps when I got my first period a few days after the IUD was put in. I had my period for 13 days. On day 15 or so I was driving and almost drove to the hospital because I got sudden pains that were so bad I thought it was my appendix or something. I could barely drive and was leaning over the steering wheel. I remember being so scared because I was on the opposite side of the city, and i didn't have my phone. I wanted to stop driving because I seirously was thinking, "I dont know how much longer I can do this or stay awake" it hurt so bad. I tried looking for hospital signs  but took a wrong turn and got lost. I drove home as fast as I could and whenI I got home I told my mom suddenly it was gone and it wasn't hurting. I soon after had a fever -  I was at about 101. I went to my doctors office and they said my usual wasn't available. I told the woman I was being seen by that on top of all that I was also having pain while having sex, and when I climaxed. AND that I was having what looked like blood clots in my blood when I would use the bathroom. Ranging from small to usually around the size of my thumb nail. She did an exam and said that she didn't see where I'm bleeding from so if it persisted that it means it's coming from farther in somewhere?

I stoped bleeding, etc. Started getting the weird stabbing pains after that. Now I've Had brown blood for one day, then three days later I start my period. I'm on day three of my period. I am just SICK. Yesterday night I was like, "wow I don't feel well" and my husband said I felt warm. I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night ran to our bathroom and persisted to throw up 7 times. What was alarming to me was that the last time I ate food was around 8:30 and dinner was at 7:00ish. Well...I'm throwing up at 3 in the morning and I'm throwing up food. I remember hearing somewhere that that could be a sign of something (I dont remember much about this part) in where if you throw up so much later than you ate it means it's not getting digested or something like that. :/ Now I know when food breaks down, etc. it looks different but I shit you not what was even more disturbing was that there was chicken in there...partially digested....but I ate that on WEDNESDAY night! 

I have been up and trying to sleep get comfortable since 3:00 am.ish. I feel like I have to run to the bathroom because mypelvic area just feels like...I've got to run to the bathroom or else. My stomach and throat feel like I'm going to puke at any time. My stomach feels like I just did a huge round of workouts. I'm cold but I can't cover up because the moment I do I feel rediculously hot and it makes everything go into hyper mode and I feel like I'm going to puke and shit all over at the same time. I'm sorry for that description but that it the way it feels. :( I'm thinking of making another doctors appointment, and getting this taken out. I was just wondering if anyone else had effects like this? 

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM

That kinda sounds like pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).  Did your doc talk to you about the risk of PID when you have an IUD?  Have you ever had it before?   You might want to get an appointment right away (like, today) or go to an urgent care.  Here is a link for U.S. library of medicine for more info...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001890/

Symptoms

The most common symptoms of PID include:

• Fever (not always present; may come and go)

• Pain or tenderness in the pelvis, lower abdomen, or sometimes the lower back

• Vaginal discharge with abnormal color, texture, or smell

Other symptoms that may occur with PID:

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Please go do the er.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Funny story....or maybe not so funny... I thought I had PID once (I also have an IUD) and I went to the er in the middle of the night because I couldn't stop vomiting.  Turns out it was a terrible case of food poisoning and really bad cramps.  :-)  One thing the er doc told me was if it was PID you would be in an extreme amount of pain comparable to labor (much like the pain you're describing).  Good luck.  Hope you feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN