Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What was the item you couldn't live without with your first child?

I'm 34 weeks pregnant , and a first time mommy. So I'd love to know what item you could NOT live without after you had your baby?  

pregnancy

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM
My son wouldn't sleep unless I was rocking him or he was in his swing. It saved my life. And then it was his jumperoo. With dd she's happy with a blanket and her doll.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dakota1228
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

http://www.theslingstation.com/tmwmesh.html

I live in Florida so with the heat a mesh sling made sense.  Also we used it swimming and in the shower and in the mall........you name it.  My second favorite was my boppy pillow.  Couldn't have done without it.

LoveMommyhood12
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Good swaddle blankets!!! They're like the ones you get at the hospital - strong and only a little stretchy.
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM

The changing table. It wasn't an expensive one, plastic with aluminum legs. It had the top with raised edges and a pad and strap, and open bins underneath. I stored diapers and changing items in the bins.  The table kept me from having to bend over so much to change the baby.

maiahlynn
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

crib, Receiving blankets, Sleepers, car seat, onies, diapers/wipes, Mylicon and other medical supplies, Swing, diaper bag, Nursing supplies (if nursing, otherwise bottles and formula) :nursing pads, bras, lanolin cream, and a shirt that has "easy access.", stroller, safety gates, Outlet covers, Baby monitors, First-aid kit,Bulb syringe, Digital thermometer,Baby soothers, toys, and entertainment, 

Wearable blankets (2 to 3), Cupboard and drawer latches, Teething toys, Pacifiers,. Bouncy seat, Safety gates Outlet covers,  Baby monitors, Cupboard and drawerlatches,Digital thermometer, Baby nail scissors or clippers                                               

When buying, look for a sturdy crib with slats that aren't too far apart – no more than 2 3/8 inches (about the size of a soda can). Avoid drop-side cribs, which have caused dozens of baby deaths and were banned in the U.S. in 2010. Bedding: Though you'll see plenty of fancy bedding sets in baby stores, all you really need are about three to five fitted crib sheets and perhaps a waterproof crib mattress pad. In fact, the bumpers, pillows, quilts, and soft blankets that often come with baby bedding sets shouldn't go in your baby's crib because they increase the risk of SIDS.

When buying, look for a sturdy crib with slats that aren't too far apart – no more than 2 3/8 inches (about the size of a soda can). Avoid drop-side cribs, which have caused dozens of baby deaths and were banned in the U.S. in 2010. 

amanda81919
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Bouncy chair. I used it to death with both my babes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM

The bouncy seat. She could be entertained for hours sitting in there. A bumbo seat for when they are a little older was a great thing too.

For my SIL it was the swing. Her daughter loved that thing.

Congrats on your baby!

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Baby swing.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:04 AM

fuzzy sleepers...loved those when we cuddled!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Swing. Also that little clip that keeps the pacifier attached to their clothes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)