Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

christmas an multiple kids

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 48 Replies
I have 2 brothers with wives, an they each have 2kids each. My husband an I have 5kids. The sils, have complained about buying for my 5kids, bc times are hard, they both work, but in my house hold, only my husband works, an I haven't complained about buying for their kids. I understand some family has other families to buy for also, but they don't. I don't feel as if my kids are unappreciative. But my kids an I have decided to make home made gifts for the families, any more creative ideas?
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LveMy2K1dS
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

why not just do an exchange? Have everyone pick names

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM

How old are the kids? Could everyone pick a name, even the kids in there, and do a gift exchange? 

mommybug77
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I am the only one with kids. I am buying for 6 neighbor kids. I shop the Christmas clearance
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Sorry. We don't buy gifts for nieces/nephews.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
savingtheworld
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Actually I have 6 kids but the oldest is 19, an he usually don't attend. But the 5 are, 15,12,11,11,8.. not to sound rude, but I refuse to change xmas traditions an draw names.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

How old are the kids? Could everyone pick a name, even the kids in there, and do a gift exchange? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM

So, stop buying for everyone's kids.  

marchantmom06
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I think it's really rude to expect gifts from anyone. And the fact that you are making something instead of spending money is really kinda cheap and tacky on top of being upset that your children aren't recieving presents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:57 AM

If you don't intend on changing anything.....then why are you asking us to advise you?

Quoting savingtheworld:

Actually I have 6 kids but the oldest is 19, an he usually don't attend. But the 5 are, 15,12,11,11,8.. not to sound rude, but I refuse to change xmas traditions an draw names.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I have 12 cousins.  As we got older, we drew names and at the ages everyone is in your family.  You could start a new tradition to help them carry over into adult hood.  Heck I have 2 brothers and a step brother and on lean years we drew names within our family.

AubreeGrace17
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
They don't have to buy for your kids if they don't want to. Its not their fault you had 5 kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)