Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

the mystery of aunt flow.. question (it's NOT an "am I pregnant?" post)

Okay, so my periods have been regular most my life minus the month of 2 after it returns from having a baby. So this month my period was 7 days late, didn't think much to it, just kinda like "where r u?" I'm sexually active but I use protection and I've only got pregnant TTC no opps pregnancy and we always use a condom. No ripped ones either. Anyways, it was 7 days late, then it came and was very very heavy soaking a "super" tampon every hour 1/2. Sometimes sooner and I ruined 3 pairs of pj's. It ONLY lasted 2 days (I'm usually 5 days) ne-ways it lasted 2 days 2nd day not as heavy @ night and bam, done! I've never had this happened. That was 2 days ago. Anyone ever have this happen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Replies (11-17):
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I would make an appointment with your ob/gyn. I've always had crazy/odd/never normal periods, lol

sreichelt26
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Could be normal. Could have been a chemical pregnancy.

marisab
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM

HOW LONG A GO WERE YOU LAST PREGNANT??THIS HAPPENED AFTER MY DAUGHTER WA SBORN

LindaClement
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM

How old are you? Could be peri-menopause, when everything gets weird.

Do you drink a lot? Or eat a high-fat, high-sugar (or artificial sweetener) diet? That might be taxing your liver too much for your hormones to remain smooth (at any age.)

Have you ever been tested for low iron? Gushing periods can be the first symptom of that.

2bkayleesmommy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I'm 26 (27 next octobEr). I was last pregnant jan 2012 (almost a year) my periods have been normal for (after baby) 7mths now, and normal pre-baby. I lost 20lbs recently (working out)

Quoting LindaClement:

Do you drink a lot? Or eat a high-fat, high-sugar (or artificial sweetener) diet? That might be taxing your liver too much for your hormones to remain smooth (at any age.)

Have you ever been tested for low iron? Gushing periods can be the first symptom of that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babymomma100511
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

mine have been worse.

LindaClement
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

So probably way too young for perimenopause...

It may be a weight-loss thing, and it may be a low-iron thing... maybe try taking iron (or just increasing your dark meat and citrus fruit intake for a while) and see if it goes away.

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

I'm 26 (27 next octobEr). I was last pregnant jan 2012 (almost a year) my periods have been normal for (after baby) 7mths now, and normal pre-baby. I lost 20lbs recently (working out)

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN