Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

does my oldest child look like me? * update

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 30 Replies

When my oldest child was a newborn everyone would ask me " are you babysitting" " shes cute did you adopt?"

Or they would ask " what is she" which I replied " a human girl".. here are some pictures you tell me can you see past the difference in color for her hair, skin, eyes and see she looks like me.. its like shes me with darker eyes & skin ( note: my hair is more brown I dye it,also my daughter does have red in her hair,when the sun is hitting it) her dad is darker than her & his hair is black not dark brown like hers.

This is us when she was a baby- 1998

**** pictures of my other kiddos on page three of this post **

this is her now (2012) 14 yrs old

This is me now 2012- never mind how old I am!, JK I'm 36.

this is my opinion:

I would post a pic of her dad but we are divorced & dont think he would like that.. he doesnt have a big forehead like me & my daughter, i  think she looked like him as a baby/ small child around five I started noticing she was looking more & more like me everyday.. she even has freckles & red in her hair ( not something her dad has)

she has a pointy chin like me( but her face isnt as long), my eye brows, my cheek bones..although her hair color is like mine if I were not to dye it (lol) she has straight hair unlike me I have wavy hair ( which her dad also has curly hair) also she is very skinny which I was until I had kids..

here is me around 1992  15 -

here is another pic of her now.

** On page three of this post I posted some pictures of my other children. ********

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes she looks like you . Your both pretty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Very similar 

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I can see the resemblance now, but as a baby she does look mixed. It's because she had the darker skin as a baby and dark hair. Looks like she is half Mexican in the baby pics. So I can understand people asking if she was mixed or whatnot.

proudmommy03457
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I think she looks just like you! Very pretty girl:-]

I know what you mean..my youngest daughter is Vietnamese and white(i'm white) but takes after her dad more with her skin color and shape of her eyes. Everyone just assumes she's adopted or a friend of my oldest daughters who isn't mixed. If they could see past her skin color and eyes she does have some of my features. Her hair is dark,like a brown but also has a tented red that is noticeable in the light.

Forgot to mention she gets the red from me lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that she looks ALOT like you now. Yall could almost pass for sisters:). You are both gorgeous. But as a baby, I could see how people could ask that..although a little rude and presumptious.

connorsmommy120
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Yes, I think she looks a lot like you.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM

yes, she looks alot like you..now...

as a baby she does look darker...but omg, she was a adorable!! (still is very pretty..ya both are)

KayelynnsMama
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I think she looks like you. You're both really pretty.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say so. 

maiahlynn
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Quoting raegan1221:

I think that she looks ALOT like you now. Yall could almost pass for sisters:). You are both gorgeous. But as a baby, I could see how people could ask that..although a little rude and presumptious.

I was offended most the time,when you see a baby the apprpoiate thing to say is " what a cute baby" I think its rude to ask " what is she" " did you adopt" one person said " how could you sleep with a man who isnt white I was like " well you take off you clothes & well there are kids so I probably should give details" haha laughing at myself. thank you fo ryou reply I also think she looked like her dad as a baby/ young child over the years she started to look more & more like me , only with a slight tan, brown eyes.. oh & a cuter nose

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)