Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

So frusturated with everything!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

I graduated with my Bachelors in Health Care Administration Management a little over a month ago. I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years. I used to love it. Then i started school in 2007. Got my associates in 2009, went back to school in 2010 and graduated.

The first couple of weeks were fine i was so happy that I had finally done it. But now I am going crazy and am just getting so frusturated. I have applied for job after job, even applying at McDonalds :( Absolutly nothing! I knew I wasn't going to get into a management position right away but figured I would at least be able to get in as a schedular or receptionists, but nope!

I am getting so depressed and lazy, most days I don't even get dressed. My house has become such a pigsty because I don't want to or even have the energy to clean it. As well as I am sick and tired of picking up after everyone else every single day.

Even hobbies I used to enjoy doing such as baking and cross stitch don't give me much pleasure. I am at a loss of what to do and how to dig myself out of this rut.

Does anyone have any ideas?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullofhope1
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Don't take this offensively because in no way do I mean anything hurtful. Sounds like your depressed. I can see why. When things get me down I become saddened but I try so hard not feel like that. I don't want to effect my family or get anyone worried. What ALWAYS helps me is to take a long few miles walk and put my head phones on. It works wonders. It's just MAKING myself do it. I'm sorry for your problems. I'm almost done with my degree in Buisness Management and I'm so scared I wont be able to find anything! My daughter starts kindergarten in Sept next year. She will be five in March. I've been a wahm for almost five years now. And it can get to you. I feel what your going through. BUT remember things will somehow get better. Just the time that sucks. Good luck

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like a bit of depression mama. Have you talked to anyone about this? I personally would start by getting dressed everyday down to lace up shoes and making your bed everyday. That's it. Do everything you normally do but just add that in first thing in the morning. It has helped me a lot, I an a lot happier and more productive throughout the day. Good luck and if you ever need to talk I'm always available.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
savingtheworld
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Where have u applied at?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyecr3
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello. First, I must tell you that you are not alone - not that this actually might matter - but, everything you have mentioned was or is something I relate to. So, first of all, do not be too proud to seek a therapists help. Honestly, I know. I have ended up in an inpatient care facility due to my attempt(s) of suicide.

Being so depressed that your life has become unmanageable and void of energy/interests can be dangerous. you really should get a professional to talk to/receive help.

Next, I use journaling to vent and dump my problems to and sometimes simply scribble-babble just to get it out! Has helped me more than I can explain!

Also, try to do just one "stupid" little task at a time and truly praise yourself right away. Something as tiny as putting one thing out of place in a drawer or the hamper, putting away one book or throwing something away to show yourself you can. No task is too small. It's something.

One last note to you if you are interested...Pray, recite prayers you know to yourself, read uplifting bible quotes or go online to find insightful quotes/meditational-level statements. AND LIVE IN THE MOMENT, ONE DAY AT A TIME! Hope some of this can help a bit.

HappyEndings
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I agree w/ the other mama's. This time of year is a biggie for depression. The weather is gloomier and colder, so we are stuck inside more. The days sometimes seem endless because it gets dark so early. It's totally understandable to feel let down, after you've worked so hard at your schooling!! Now is the best time to remind yourself of your blessings, and accomplishments, and do it often. The longer you allow yourself to laze around, and just leave the clutter, the more depressed you'll become. Being a mom, is one of the hardest jobs in the world, in my opinion, and it does often seem like you are a hamster on a wheel, cleaning and cooking and taking care of everyone, yet getting nowhere. My advice is to get your lil booty up, get dressed, and get out of the house, even just for a walk or lunch w/ a friend. I know it's the last thing you want to do, but it should make you feel better. Then get some cleaning done. Start small, then make a point to keep up w/ it. The more stuff piles up the worse you're gonna feel. If that doesn't work then talk to someone, if you can't or won't see a professional, then talk to someone on here. You will get through this hon! Wish you the best!! hugs!!

jssjar
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM

hugs  

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM

The job market is terrible.  You just have to hold your head up and keep trying and trying.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

It sounds like you're depressed. The fact that you no longer take pleasure in activities that you used to enjoy is a big red flag. And if you're depressed, that can affect the way you present yourself and make it even harder to get a job.

Get into counseling. There is help available for depression. Good luck!

mommyecr3
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Actually, I never thought about how you may be presenting yourself. That could be! Just know that we all care here and we want you to care enough of yourself and care FOR yourself. Since your current feelings/actions are the way things are for you right now, please seek help. He/She will help you feel better about yourself and show you how to find happiness by living each day by day. Blessings to you.angel

Quoting jhslove:

It sounds like you're depressed. The fact that you no longer take pleasure in activities that you used to enjoy is a big red flag. And if you're depressed, that can affect the way you present yourself and make it even harder to get a job.

Get into counseling. There is help available for depression. Good luck!

robyann
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I know you don't feel like doing anything, but you have to force yourself. Get up and go outside, even in your own back yard, walk around, sweep the porch, or sidewalk. You have to get outside every day, and do something while your out there. Even if you have to go out in your pj's, with your hair all a mess, that doesn't even matter, just get out there! This will help alot with the depression. Then when you come back in make yourself shower and get dressed. Then do one chore for the day. You can plan it the night before or you can pick whatever you want at the time. These are your "duties" for each day. I know you have other things you have to do with your child/children, but these are things you MUST do every single day.

As far as the job search, your not alone there. It is tough out there. My dh has been out of work since July, and he is our only bread winner! Don't beat yourself up about that, it's not you, it's the economy. Work on polishing your resume, change it up, add or take out some things. Resubmit the new resume to some of the places you really liked but haven't heard back from.

Hang in there, times are tough for alot of us. We just have to take it one day at a time, and remember to focus on the good things in your life. Count your blessings. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)