Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have 2 kids my SIL has one, should I double her kids presents?

Posted by   + Show Post

We usually spend $50 on the kids. But because I have two and she has one, should I spend more than the $50 since she is having to spend $100 on my kids????

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Replies (11-17):
-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

If it were me....Yes.  I would spend a little more than $50 as long as I had the money.

AleaKat
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM
No!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeyrhea
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM
No, I only have 2 kids and my SIL has 3. I would neher expect her to spend more on my kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM

We don't have a price limit in our family - we all understand that finances are tight and we get what we can.  For example, my husband and I are getting my nieces and nephews Chinese Red Envelopes (my hubby is from Taiwan) with $5 each inside.  Chinese Christmas for all! ;P

1L2CMommy
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
No, but if you have a good relationship and want to be nice you could tell her she could split the 50 between your 2 kids.
schatzi869
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM
We spend $50 on gifts for each child. So, i spend fifty dollars on my nephew, and my sister spends fifty dollars on my son. If either of us had another child, we would spend fifty dollars on that child's presents too.
CoeyG
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Good grief I've never spent that much on nieces or nephews and I wouldn't think of expecting double for my only child as opposed to my sister's and inlaws having more children.  I have never paid more than $30 for gifts and I have found some very creative gifts.   3d jigsaw puzles, even a jigsaw puzzle that once together was a crossword puzzle.  No you don't get an only child double simply because you have another child (unless that only child has multiple personalities LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured