Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how do you know its the right thing after breaking up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I broke up w/my boyfriend after 8 yrs and 1 son together. we live together. he doesnt want to be broken up. Im having mixed emotions about it. part of me is relieved, then im sad, then im fine about it!  he is bipolar and i had had enough, the disrespect to me and my son, he would have temper tantrums. I would always tell him to be a role model for our son. I snapped. How do u know its the right thing? Im having a hard time dealing!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Replies (11-14):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM
could you continue to live exactly as you have been for the rest of your life? If yes, it was a mistake.if no, things would need to really change for thou to continue the relationship, then you didthe right thing.
tiredmama42
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I remember leaving my Dh a few times.. I cried the first few times but the last time when I knew I had enough I never cried.. I was relieved.. scared but relieved.  Everyone sware he was bi-polar but he would not see a doctor.

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Being sad doesn't mean breaking up was wrong, being sad simply means you still love him and don't want to let him know, being relieved is a sign that you know it's time to move on and leave the relationship behind. Best advice is that one of you needs to move out, you will never be able to move forward and truly break up if you continue to live as a couple. 

robyann
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Think back to how it was when you were together. Really remember the truth, how he threw temper tantrums, how he treated you and your ds. That's the reason you left, that is the reason you know you did the right thing. Be strong and continue to do what you know is best for you and your ds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)