Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

what are some online schools that are decent for medical courses?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am looking to start a new field of work in the medical field. Something that will provide for me and my son. I would like to be able to take classes online possibly, pharm tech or medical billing, not sure, anyone have advice on the course or school?? I would appreciate it!!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kn92706
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

BUMP!

loyamom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Hi There:)

I don't have any info on the courses but I'd like to share another option for you if you were open to it.  I have a business that I have run out of my home for over 11 years.  I have been able to replace mine and my husband's income and it gives us the ability to stay home with our 3 children.  It was heart wrenching having to leave them to work outside of the home when they were tiny, so this has been a blessing.

I'd love to give you some information, but only if you'd like :-)

You can PM me or email me at vmloya@iglide.net and we can chat.

mommmy3x
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I don't know what state your in but where I live you don't have to take a course to become a pharmacy tech, you can just study on your own and then take the test. Some places like Walgreens or CVS will go ahead and hire you without it. As far as the medical billing, I have no idea about online courses but what I do know is that I took that at a technical college and every place requires that you have years of experience before hiring you. So that little certificate that I got went nowhere.Thats just where I live though, maybe you will have better luck. If you really want to be in the medical field you should go ahead and go for the RN.

-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM

You should check out your local community college.  Many "online" schools are either not accredited or pretty expensive.  Most community colleges are much cheaper.  90% of the classes offered at the college I go to are offered online as well. The only classes that they don't offer online are tech classes like HVAC repair.  Everything else they offer online classes (English, biology, chemistry, accounting, physical fitness, calculus, etc)

kn92706
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:34 AM

thanks girls!!

darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM

you have to be very careful with online courses when it comes to the medical field.. you can take courses for almost anything, but when it comes down to it, the state doesn't accept it or it doesn't meet the state requirements and you can not take the state test to be liscened..

For example, Ultrasound Tech, is the most common that I have seen this with... people spend money and time, and excell taking the required courses online... But then they take their degree to the state to take the state test and find out its no good...

Many medical fields require hands on training and skill learning.

franmoor
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I don't know if it's good to take courses online that teaches medical courses because there are definitely some activities that only the traditional teaching can cover. Hopefully you'll find a good one soon.

http://www.studies-portal.com/cheapest-online-colleges/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)