Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Has any mom in here been induced early?

Posted by   + Show Post

Has any mom in here been induced early due to hypothyroidism? If so, when and how was your experience?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Replies (11-17):
almostthere55
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I was induced with two of my kids.  The first I was two weeks over and the second on my due date.  Pitocin was NOT my friend.  For me, it was hard and sudden.  I had to have my water broke each time for labor to progress.  I'm a very small woman and my first was 10 lbs.  That's why I was induced on my due date the second time.  I thought that one was a breeze compared to the first.  He weighed 9.4.  lol .  Really I think it all depends on how fast the drip is for the pitocin.  The faster the drip, the harder the contractions (or the closer together they are).  I don't know, but for me it was just nasty.

Momof2almost
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I was induced twice but for different health issues. The 1st was at 38 weeks and I was in labor for 38 hours of misery! My epidural never took (was poked 5 times) and then when it was time to push I was so tired it required a vaccuum to help AND IT HURT! My 2nd induction was at 35 weeks and was in labor for 13 hours,my epidural took great and pushed him out on my own in 3 pushes. All in all the 1st was awful and the 2nd was wonderful!!
Momof2almost
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Oh and I had pitocin with BOTH and pitocin is hell on your body (or at least mine). Once my contractions got going they did not let up. I forgot to add that with my 1st child they inserted a balloon thing to force my body to dialate to like 4cm (don't let them give you that) it was horrible!
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I was induced with my first because i was 8 days late. With my third i was induced 2 days before my due date. I was going nuts. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Induced at 35 weeks with #2 for PROM and 37 weeks with #3 for Cholestasis.    Not the way I wanted either pregnancy to end... totally got cheated out of nearly 2 months of pregnancy!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
marisab
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM

BUMP!

DaniandTom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I wish you a healthy, easy delivery. ♥Hugs♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)