Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ones else's child do this...

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son is 3 1/2  years old! He is a very smart kid, above many kids his age in many areas...however, he expresses his anger differently! Here is an example- today he was playing with a box, he would sit down and put the box over him and he had all his toys in there to play with! One of the flaps was stuck and the box would not sit flat on the ground so he got up and screamed at the box and started hitting it!!!  Another example is the other day we were walking outside and it was windy, he started "hitting the wind" and yelling go away wind! He does the same thing when the sun is in his eyes! 

I know this is a tough age, and kids express their feeling in a different way...has anyone's kid/kids done this? Just curious...thanks for any input :)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Bad temper. My oldest has always had one. She is 21 now. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM

He is acting like any other three year old I've ever known. 

LyTe684
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Not with my son. My daughter is feisty though. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aurora-Dove
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM

My almost 2 year old gets frustrated with things like that sometimes. If he's playing with a toy or something and it isn't doing what he wants he gets upset and will sometimes just drop it or if it's a bigger toy will kind of let out a yell and shove it away. He is not prone to pitching fits, and he may throw one or two small fits a week but he does get frustrated with things. Usually when he gets upset to the point of being frustrated with inanimate objects it's because he's tired and it's nearing nap or bed time.

DolphinFan85
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

normal

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM
My dd does that when we are in the car and the sun gets in her eyes I thinks it weird but if she doesn't grow out of it then ill worry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

he is becoming aware of objects that are alive, disappear, come back again another day, and attempting to control them at the same time... i remember trying to 'catch' the sunbeams hitting the car seat, when i was 3.  Start explaining weather and things like that to him, and he'll understand bettter the things that are beyond his control.  The box cannot fight back, therefore giving him power over it...that's why he acts like that with it...he's learning about power over things.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured