Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

UPDATE! Second update! Does anyone have any experience with tumor like growths? Caution: open at your own risk, really gross photos

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 18 Replies

Surgery is scheduled for next Thursday.

Doctor didnt know what it is but is concerned. she referred me to surgery because she does not want it to grow any more than it has. im waiting for a call from the surgical group, then after they remove it they will get pathology in it.

I have this "thing" on my leg. No one can tell me what it is. I've seen two doctors and am seeing a third Tuesday. It has been growing steadily since the first time I felt it in July. It's very painful and it itches. I am at my wits end. I accidentally hit it on my desk at work and nearly threw up from the pain of it. I just want answers :( has anyone seen anything like this? The center is squishy but the edges are hard. If feels round and can move about half an inch 360 degrees. The total width right now is 1 inch, started at under a centimeter in July....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onethought
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethought
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

It protrudes off my leg. Couldn't get a better pic of the height of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Dh said he got something like that on his elbow years ago that he stuck a needle in! Said it hurt bad.. Like a boil! He said it started tiny too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM
He has a dip I'm his elbow where it was!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Looks like a boil or an ingrown hair. But since July I highly doubt that. Why haven't the doctors lanced it or done anything for you? Did they put you on any meds? I hope this new doctor does something cause if its causing you pain it needs to be removed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM

It might be a cyst. I have a few small ones.  But if it causes pain, i'd be going to the doctor.  You should always get spots like that checked out as soon as they start to grow like yours did.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
onethought
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I have stuck a needle in it thinking it was a sebaceous cyst but its not. I could feel around with the needle and it was very odd feeling, like connective tissue. The first doctor said it was a wart and the second doctor said ingrown hair and it would go away with neosporin use twice a day. It definitely wasn't either one of those. I hope the doctor will just cut it out or schedule surgery really soon, or even just biopsy it out. I'm not leaving there Tuesday without a plan

Quoting steffielou_who:

Dh said he got something like that on his elbow years ago that he stuck a needle in! Said it hurt bad.. Like a boil! He said it started tiny too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethought
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM
First doctor said it was a wart. The second doctor told me it was an ingrown hair and to treat with neosporin twice a day. It just got worse so obviously it wasn't one of those things. Hoping I get more answers tuesday

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

Looks like a boil or an ingrown hair. But since July I highly doubt that. Why haven't the doctors lanced it or done anything for you? Did they put you on any meds? I hope this new doctor does something cause if its causing you pain it needs to be removed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM
They havent done a biopsy?
I hope they wont let it get bigger or out of hand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Yeah I would demand it to be lanced and find out what the heck is growing inside of it. Hopefully they can do something for you that day so you don't have to be in pain anymore. That just too long to have a bump like that growing. Especially if it is causing discomfort.

Quoting onethought:

First doctor said it was a wart. The second doctor told me it was an ingrown hair and to treat with neosporin twice a day. It just got worse so obviously it wasn't one of those things. Hoping I get more answers tuesday

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN