Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

uncirc son and confusing "advice" from our new doctor

Posted by   + Show Post

This isnt for debate on circ versus uncirc. My 1st DS is uncirc without any problems. We have a new doctor and I took my 10 month old in b/.c he had thrush and not tolerating his formula. Well she told me that while looking at my son's penis that I needed to retract it every day a couple of times a day. Now I have never heard of this. I told her I didnt feel comfortable with her trying to retract it and if she could leave it alone. my 1st ds is 10 years old and I cannot remeber , are you supposed to retract it ? I always thought to leave it alone ? 

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (11-15):
Bleacheddecay
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM

No. You are not supposed to retract it. I'd consider changing doctors ASAP.

schatzi869
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I hope you don't plan to keep seeing that doctor. You do NOT pull the foreskin back until he is at least two years old. It can tear and hurt him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Don't do that. I have heard you do not need to do that.  My son is circ'd, let people think what they may.  But I do know one isn't supposed to retract it. 

NookBoookMom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

ty ladies, yes we are switching doctors ASAP

nikkita311
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:06 PM
My son has to retract or pull his back because the foreskin got stuck to his penis and got a knot in it and got infected,and was on antibiotics and had to make sure dry it real good after his shower my son is almost ten.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN