Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My brother in law and his wife are a pain in my rear end.  We thought moving to where we live now would make him closer to his brother and it has been the complete opposite.  One thing that he has recently done is this:  Our five year old is pretty much nonverbal.  They have an almost two year old...and all he does when we go around is brag about how much their 2 year old talks more than our five year old.  Our son has special needs (autism, rare chromosome disorder, etc.)  I try to brush it off, but here is where the post is going...

Their kids birthdays are in January and April, ours are in June and December

We bought both of their kids Christmas presents and birthday presents this past year.  They didn't call or acknowledge at all our oldest son's birthday at all, nor our youngest...although his was just this past Thursday and we haven't seen them since...I know money shouldn't be an issue or presents shouldn't be an issue, but they also didn't get our kids Christmas presents last year.  Should I stress about getting their kids a birthday and Christmas present this year, or just give up on trying to make peace between us?  

He is really rude to me and makes smart a@@ remarks to me all the time.  I will be really happy when we move away from them (as bad as that sounds)

Thanks for any advice :)

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Replies (11-11):
Malley
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Who did you marry your husband or your brother in law?  Time to grow up and get over yourself.  Okay he bragss about his son.  So what?  Okay he is a smart ass so what?  Do you give his kids birthday presents just in order to obligate them to get your's gifts?  If you don't like purchasing gifts for their kids then don't do it.  Don't blame your brother in law for the choices that you make. 

Her son has a rare chromosomal disorder, her brother in law treats him terribly and you told her to get over herself?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN