Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Gift to child care provider

I can't afford to spend money this Xmas and I have already spent on secret elf at work and $ 60 for all my awards for students.so my nanny and daycare providers still need something.

will be be odd to give them homemade cookies?

any other suggestion?

thanks

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
caro100
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

This sounds more like a babysitter than a nanny.  To me a nanny is more like a 40 hour a week maybe more/ live in situation.  Cookies are fine.

Quoting ballerossandra:

She does12 hours a week that are usually less than she gets paid for 12 but leaves earlier to take the bus, etc etc

Quoting caro100:

If you can afford a nanny vs an occaisonal babysitter.  more than a bag of cookies is in order, I mean really she's taking care of your kid.  I would spend on nanny and opt out of secret elf.  Hate that at the work place!!!  Cookies are fine for the daycare providers, or a box of chocolates to share.   Banana bread or pumpkin bread would also be nice for them.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

she did the hems of one pair of pants for my 16 month old and she didnt want to charge us.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Giving her $40  for Thanksgiving seems a bit much...she probably will expect more for Christmas. The usual is a money gift to equal one week's wages if she's been with you a year, so it should probab ly be 1/4 of her weekly wage. Cookies for her I don't think is appropriate. Cookies for the daycare would be fine.

Quoting ballerossandra:

She has only worked for us since sep and she works 12 hours per week, sometimes 15 . She's neither great nor too bad but I just found it easier to keep her for now instead of training a new person. She constantly asks to leave 15 or 20 minutes earlier and she often comes 30 m earlier. I actually told her today to ask me if she can come earlier as man times, I am not home and I just come because she is about to arrive.she got a $40 certificate for thanksgiving

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Imo employees (such as a nanny) should be given a monetary Christmas bonus.
For child care Providers cookies are fine :)

jesusgirl76
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM
A day off lol. Homemade cookies sounds like a wonderful gift.
Jazmyn1
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree a homemade gift from the child is GREAt for nanny and day care provider or just a card its wonderful you are thinking of them a lot of ppl dont

John3_16
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a daycare provider and I would love homemade anything from my kiddos! Cookies are an awesome idea, Mom!! :) Merry Christmas!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I'm a preschool teacher and food in general is good!!! So are gifts made by the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meliscool72
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I thinkt that is a sweet gift (no pun intended lol). Homemade cookies are awesome to get for Christmas, especially when you aren't even expecting to get anything. 

DaniandTom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I think anything homemade is good as a gift to them. A picture done by the child(ren) and in a nice frame is also a good gift. A day off with pay. A coupon for a mani-pedi at a local nail salon...anything like that.

LindaClement
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM

We do a lot of canning and baking for gifts... mostly it's extremely well received by people who don't have time to do their own.

sassy21176
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

make them a fome picture frame, or buy a $ gifts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)