Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, my dh picked ss up from bm the other night, after he was asleep. He walked in and got him and realized he had a pacifier in his mouth. He doesn't use one at our house. He doesn't ask for one, or need one. We didn't even know he used one there. I looked some things up on the subject and noticed a lot about psychological problems being linked. Does anyone else find this odd? I'm the type of mom, aunt, etc that never gave them, so I was just wondering about other moms opinions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
sassy21176
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

not good

nikkita311
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
My son sucks his thumb and he is 9, but not a pacifier that's just wrong.
CoeyG
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Your husband needs to aks bio mom why he is using a pacifier at his age.  The therapist needs to know about it as well.  If he needs one at his mother's then something isn't right at his mother's home.

Mommydukk
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM
9 yrs old? That is nuts! I hate seeing kids with them at 3 years. When my daughter turned a year we took her passy away. She fussed a bit at night for about 3 days. A week after we did that we took bottle away. She really didn't need or use either much by 12 months. So it was easy. I think alot of it is so moms can "keep them babies". They have to grow up and your not helping by letting them continue.
ICURNRebecca
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Just a question.. 9 being .. like 9 years old? 

Aurora-Dove
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I had a friend who kept her paci and security blanket til she was like 12. It seriously messed up her teeth and she had to have major orthadontic work. I gave DS a paci very reluctantly but he was an early teether and was teething before he could grasp teething rings and such. He gave his up on his own around 7 months, he got a cold and stuffy nose. Refused to take it because he couldn't breathe with it, we never gave it back after that.

ambie25
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Yes, 9 years old.

Quoting ICURNRebecca:

Just a question.. 9 being .. like 9 years old? 

CoeyG
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

I had a friend who kept her paci and security blanket til she was like 12. It seriously messed up her teeth and she had to have major orthadontic work. I gave DS a paci very reluctantly but he was an early teether and was teething before he could grasp teething rings and such. He gave his up on his own around 7 months, he got a cold and stuffy nose. Refused to take it because he couldn't breathe with it, we never gave it back after that.

I still have my teddy from when I was small and my daughter still has her stuffed dog from when she was a baby.  My bear is no 56 years old...my daughter's dog is almost 27 years old.  I intend to have mine with me when I'm cremated

happy41ce
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Wow I wouldn't allow it.. Poor kid will get totally made fun of in school if the kids find out
Aurora-Dove
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM
A snuggle blanket or animal is one thing, a paci is another.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

I still have my teddy from when I was small and my daughter still has her stuffed dog from when she was a baby.  My bear is no 56 years old...my daughter's dog is almost 27 years old.  I intend to have mine with me when I'm cremated

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured