Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so upset by daughters haircut. Help on fixing please.

Posted by   + Show Post

Today we went to get my dd's haircut. We wanted a angled bob. In the front her hair was not supposed to come above her chin and her hair from the back was supposed to angle down to the front. The girl didn't do that at all. She started the haircut right. However I could not see the front to see how long it was. I should have gotton up and went and checked. My mistake for trusting. Never again. However for someone to not take to instructions this bad is beyond me why they even let her cut hair at all.

Anyway what i'm looking for is some advice to correct the cut to make it look a little better and styling it. My daughter is so upset. Sais she looks like a boy. :(

before:

after:

Here is a update:

THis is what we did for school today. She is much calmer now. I'm just waiting for the phone call. I don't want to do any fixing to her hair till I talk to the district people to show them. 

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
momof2little1s
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Sooooo cute! I think OP's DD's biggest issues is the bangs. I think like your DD if she pulls them back it will look cuter.

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

I've pulled some old pictures of my daughter up with hair do's and accessories. Hoping to give you some ideas maybe. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alt075
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Awwww she is super cute. Thanks for the ideas. I did get headbands. :) I like pic two. I use to do that a looooong time ago but have forgotton about that hairstyle. I'll have to give it a try. Tommorow I'll do a head band and some curls. I hope that makes her feel better about herself. I think I'm just going to get the back of her hair thinned out because it sticks way out. But other that that I'll let it grow more before doing anything. :)

Quoting momof2little1s:

Sooooo cute! I think OP's DD's biggest issues is the bangs. I think like your DD if she pulls them back it will look cuter.

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

I've pulled some old pictures of my daughter up with hair do's and accessories. Hoping to give you some ideas maybe. 

mmccrea
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I would just use headbands, barrettes, hats...

Aurorasmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Oh poor baby! She is still beautiful as ever!! Definitely get the bangs straightened out then I think the headband will do her just fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_of_tw0
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

aww poor thing. That in no way looks like what you asked for, what was that lady thinking!! If she didn't know how to cut that, then she should of came out and said it. I think a pixie cut would look cute on her, or maybe layers?

squeekers
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

first of all, remind your DD her hair will grew out. her hair cut is quite pretty, and it's much longer than mine is. oh and if you live where it is cold, she can wear a beanie when ever she goes out if she doesnt want anyone to see her hair.

I'm a Humanist.
Question everything, except your Mother.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy, Depression, Down Syndrome.
Trixi.VonLace
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Ohhh mama, I'm sorry :(

I would demand my money back and take her somewhere else, this cut I found is on an older girl but I think would look super cute on your dd. Even something simmaler would work and should be able to be achieved from what she has now.

She's a doll btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alt075
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Ahhh thanks everyone. Your words and advice mean so much to me. I'll post a pic tommorow morning with what we come up with for styling her hair. 

alt075
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

update with new pics of what I did with her hair for today. Ladies I want to send a big thank you for taking the time to help last night. I was so sad last night. We are feeling a little more optimistic today. We at least have a plan now on how we are going to fix this. She is happy with all the pretty barrettes and headbands I got her. So that helps out a lot with her.

savingtheworld
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Yes get the bk stacked, but don't touch the front!! An they should do it for free!! I would not had payed for that!!

Quoting JMmomof2:

Go and get the back stacked and pin her bangs back.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured