Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so upset by daughters haircut. Help on fixing please.

Posted by   + Show Post

Today we went to get my dd's haircut. We wanted a angled bob. In the front her hair was not supposed to come above her chin and her hair from the back was supposed to angle down to the front. The girl didn't do that at all. She started the haircut right. However I could not see the front to see how long it was. I should have gotton up and went and checked. My mistake for trusting. Never again. However for someone to not take to instructions this bad is beyond me why they even let her cut hair at all.

Anyway what i'm looking for is some advice to correct the cut to make it look a little better and styling it. My daughter is so upset. Sais she looks like a boy. :(

before:

after:

Here is a update:

THis is what we did for school today. She is much calmer now. I'm just waiting for the phone call. I don't want to do any fixing to her hair till I talk to the district people to show them. 

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Replies (31-38):
momof2little1s
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Oh, wow to the new pics. That looks adorable. Pulling the bangs back made all the difference. It highlights her cute face! She is lucky to have a mom who cares so much about her to try to figure out how to make her feel good about it. Once it grows out, I hope you can get her hair cut like you had wanted.

Quoting alt075:

update with new pics of what I did with her hair for today. Ladies I want to send a big thank you for taking the time to help last night. I was so sad last night. We are feeling a little more optimistic today. We at least have a plan now on how we are going to fix this. She is happy with all the pretty barrettes and headbands I got her. So that helps out a lot with her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Linda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I agree with KayLundy3: a ribbon or hairband behind her bangs will make her look like Snow White, and be very sweet and feminine.

Mashnut3161
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Quoting JMmomof2:

Go and get the back stacked and pin her bangs back.

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Poor baby..... But look on the bright side, she's still cute! Lol soo she can pull it off.....but try some headbands,& put her on some cute studded earrings
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Poor girl I agree with getting the back stacked and pinning her bangs back. She's beautiful either way though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmomof2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Oh yea I didn't mean cut the bangs, I meant Bobby pins, clips, and head bands. Just until it all grows out more.

Quoting savingtheworld:

Yes get the bk stacked, but don't touch the front!! An they should do it for free!! I would not had payed for that!!

Quoting JMmomof2:

Go and get the back stacked and pin her bangs back.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Other than her bangs being evened out I see nothing wrong with the cut.  Back when I was dating my ex this is the way most females wore their hair, it was called a "wedge"  Dorthy Hamill, Olympic figure skater used to wear hear hair this way, and some form of it was all the rage.  Tell her it is a "retro" style and "retro" is very in.  She's a head of everyone else when it comes to style. And another thing, if you are unhappy with a haircut, don't pay for it. 

nikkita311
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Her bangs are uneven
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured