Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you make your child eat vegetables?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  • 30 Replies
My child has been picky his whole life (5 1/2yrs) and I still make him eat his vege's. He tries to whine, used to cry, pretends to puke. Its so ridiculous. We eat fresh and i usually bake our vege's with seasonings and olive oil. I used to let him off the hook but he wasn't allowed to have anything else till he finished his dinner, he would then ask for a piece of candy or popsicle. Lol. Ya right.
He will eat broccoli, thanks to his teacher, he also likes carrots and green beans so i do make those often for him. And he likes ranch so we let him have that. Hes such a stinker though. He likes to be difficult. We love all vege's and eat them everynight and i can't believe he's still so picky after all these years. Normal???
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

blend pureed veggies into everything you can: banana bread, spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, any casserole you think you can hide them into. that way he'll think he's smart & you will know better without the theatrics.

it worked for my cousin.

I'm a Humanist.
Question everything, except your Mother.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy, Depression, Down Syndrome.
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I don't force her but she knows the rules,you have to take atleast 3 bites of everything served.Then on top of that I sneak veggies in where I can to make sure she's getting all of her veggies servings every day.I put blended veggies in almost everything (pancakes,muffins,spaghetti sauce,EVERYTHING!).

armyvet06
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Dd always eats her veggies. It dont matter what kind theu are, she will always eat them with no problems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I don't have to force.  My kids love them :)

AtillaTheHun
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

My kids eat their vegetables without any problems. Yeah, some days they are not really in the mood, just like everyone else but they always eat them. I never have to force them. 

Lincolnsmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I don't have to force.  My kids love them :)

I wish my kid loved them
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. We are vegetarians and my kids have to eat three bites of everything on their plates to be excused, and finish everything to get something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:09 AM

What are vege's?   Veggies we dont fight her much since she loves her fruit.  At lunch she drinks fruitables by apple and eve , those have 2 servings of fruits/veggies right there.   We have in the past made gravy out of beef stew so that has whatever veggies we cooked with the meat.   She is not a dipper at all.  She used to eat all sorts of things but not in a few years.  Doing my best to transition back into "normal"eating again.   It is typical for children to fight healthy eating or veggies.

emiller3321
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:30 AM
My son loves veggies and friut
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

My son is 7 and still very picky with vegetables but he has to eat them. He really only likes broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in soups. He will eat fresh baby spinach if I blend it in smoothies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)