Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughters cousin asking to see her down there, help need advice!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

So My nephew came over for me to babysit tonight, he is 6, my daughter is 5.  I have heard he is always asking his brother to touch him and he ia always touching himself so when he is around my daughter I try to watch them very closely.  Later in the evening my sister came back to get him and hung out for a while.  We were in the kitchen talking and my daughter came running out of the other room and said he asked me to show him my pee pee.  We seperated them and I talked to my daughter and my sister talked to her son.  They began to play again and she came running out and said he said it again.  I have always talked to my daughter about bad touch and stuff like that and to not let anyone touch her so the first time it happened that is why I let them play again, I knew she would say something.  After the second time though it scared me.  Then they began to play with dolls in another room closer to us so we could better know what was going on.  He only picked the naked plastic dolls that kind of looked anatomically correct and only played with their private parts. I am not going to get into why we think he has this behavior,  please do not comment asking about that.  What do you do?!?!?!?!  Do I allow my daughter to keep hanging out with her cousin?  Do I stop watching him?  I am so scared of what might happen between them, I am scared he will put things in her head that are beyond her years.  She is very shy and timid and he is very outgoing, She will usually just do whatever to make people happy, what if one day she gives in to him.  What is gonna happen if she does pull her pants down?  I am so freaked out thinking about this  I just do not know what to do, HELP!!!!!!!  He is about to start counseling for this so again this is not about him!

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I would praise her on telling you as soon as it happens and not giving in to peer pressure.  That is what i would do to keep the door of communication open.   It is sad to see when a child is mistreated and focuses that much on sexual parts.

Queen-of-3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I don't have any boys so i don't no if that's a normal behavior for them...but i do kno that if there exposed to those things there likely to imitate them...it sounds like me and my sister i try to never expose my children to anything like that...and my sisters and sister in law don't care so I've noticed that there kids have all done something to that nature when i was there so i never let my kids ever be alone with them and i always tell my daughters if they are going to be around them to remember that mommy is there teacher and her cousins are just kids just like them so mommy is always right...and if they try and teach them bad things to not do it or listen to them...i always make sure to tell them if they don't feel right about something or someone they have to trust there brain and feelings and get away for that person or thing and come tell mom...its worked for me...just my personal opinion
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Limit their time together. Stay in the room. Get help for that little boy, sounds like he's been molested or has some kind of disorder.

emmy526
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM

you should limit their time together until this boy has had significant counseling, so that you don't have to worry about it every time the kids are together.  That is ALL you will think about when the kids are together now, so imagine how your dd feels, with her cousin asking her to do something she knows is wrong...again, i suggest limiting time together for now, if only to ease your own mind.  

PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Don't let him around her. I had a friend who's son was doing that. I told her I can't have him teaching my girls about sex and he would not be welcome anymore. Sister or not, protect your girls. Family members molest just as easily as strangers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scraphappy12
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM
I do have boys and this is NOT. normal behavior. The cousin is showing signs of being molested himself and needs to be evaluated . Limit interactions with your kids and be sure to supervise at all times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)